Cubase 6.5 / Cubase Artist 6.5: 6.5.3. Update available

seems to be unresponsive when “Installing eLicenser Control Center”. I’ll report back if I am unable to install. edit the dialog was out of view…

Ehh… Michel…

As far as I know the update from 6.5 to 6.5.3 is completely free…

If you mean the upGRADE from 6.0 to 6.5 will cost money, well I guess that is to be expected. For that money you get a bunch of nice new feautures + two new synths. Not too bad for that money I think…

Do not forget there is also an update for 6.0 to 6.0.7, and this upDATE is also free…

I think you misinterpret the update for a upgrade (and vice versa). Updates are free, upgrades are not. At last that’s the way I think it is meant to be…

So when I read Cubase 6.5.0 Update and Cubase 6.5 / Cubase Artist 6.5: 6.5.3. Update available … it’s a Upgrade that they call update … how OK now it’s cleare LOL

Indeed. You could have read that for 6.0 there is the perfectly free 6.0.7 update - which gives you all bug fixes 6.5.3 has for 6.5. Just not the extra features.

Clear to me that you are in the wrong topic.
Go here

Hwen i hit freeze. cubase 6.5.3 disappear??? nothing but troubles sins 6.5
costomer from start is abaut to stop :exclamation:

+1
It made a major difference for me while using my
Macbook (see sig) in live situations.
{‘-’}

Hmm… I was pleased to see that you’d ‘fixed’ the problem of it not working with the Retina MackBook Pro.

Actually you haven’t really you? You’ve just set it to default to opening in Low Resolution mode, which at least means it works, but actually all the text and graphics are still the same pixely mess.

Are you going to update it to look nice?

Even if the text and numbers were ‘retina ready’ it would be easier on the eyes. I guess you have your own (non retiny-ready) text rendering engine. Stop that! Use Apple’s!

:slight_smile:

Allo
Having problems trying to update 6.5 to 6.5.3 on my win7 64bit PC running Cubase in 32 bit mode, install runs Ok and Halion installed with no problem but on the installer options menu it is highlighted that there is no upgrade from 6.5 to 6.5.3.
I vaguely remember having a problem when trying to upgrade to 6.5.1 a couple of months ago, cant remember the exact wording that came up on screen but something like ‘No version of cubase found’. I have run the Maintenance programme on the E Licencer so that should be up to date.
Any help graefully recieved

FIXED
Ok done a re install of 6.5 and updated to 6.5.3 and all is now working.
seems more stable as 6.5 used to crash once or twice a day, its now three days and no crash

Running maintenance in the e-licenser control center doesn’t actually update the program.

Latest download can be found here:

Not only fine tuning. Using the preset Whizzle leads to a lot of noise. After that there’s a “disconnection” between cubase and the soundcard (M-Audio 1010 LT). Have to restart my computer to make it work again.

So… What about the overall stability of this update, as it seems that there are problems, here and there (i.e. see 6.53 Really Unstable > ZPlane problem - Cubase - Steinberg Forums, especially the last posts) ? I would like to install it, especially for the Halion SE new version and fixes 3), 9) and 11), according to Helge’s announcement.

But I will never do so, at the expense of unstability : as a general rule, hosts are already too prone to crash, due to their complexity and hardware dependencies to add some more… What puzzles me is that 6.5.3 sseems more unstable, as a fully supported update, than 6.5.1 which was only a pre-release one, this without talking of the missing 11) fix. :confused:

So, any feedback would be welcomed…

Stable here with no problems I have encountered.

Thanks ! Are you using 6.5.3 with a Mac or a PC ? I ask this because I see that most of the issues reported are from Mac users…

AFAIK the Halion Sonic SE 1.6.0 update is the same as the one in the Cubase 6.5.3 update.
I already installed this update in April and the 6.5.3 update statet SE was already updated. So if you only want to update SE first, you could go that way.

FWIW, 6.5.3 is working like a charm here, on PC (apart from the Prologue finetune jump).

Seem to be having a few issues in 6.5.3 using Vienna Instruments Pro 5. My Trillian software is losing volume of midi channel and have to keep restarting project to hear bass. I am switching back to old 6.5.1 for now and will try to determine issue later, if anyone else is using VEP5 let me know if you encounter issues
Thanks
Kenny

PC…win 7 64bit
12 mg mem

For those of you waiting for all of the bug fixes (for the last 3 or 4 versions) fear not!

It will be released as soon as they can get all the new features into Cubase 7. Alas, there you will find the promise of sublime, bug free environment :slight_smile: For a small fee…

Yup Cubase may have a few bugs to fix but not as many as the user-bugs that have this real bug I’ve been trying to get them to fix that is not reading the manual properly.
Really! We’ve had this for years. A pro user should really fix this one. :mrgreen:
Oh, and the over-stretching of their system resources bug which is reall soooo unforgiveable when they harangue the forum for weeks about how Cubase should work with their “workflow” (which usually entails several hundred tracks and VSTis, everything detuned of course as they’re “sound sculptors” plus the Convolution reverb on each track and all FX slots filled on each track and multiple timesignatures and tempo changes [HUGE Cubase bug for them of course is no Tempo or Time sigs for each track (snigger)] and batch export won’t do everything for them while they go to the pub).
Still, I guess we might get some fixes when H. Sap v 12.0.3 arrives.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I am still running H. Sap 9.8 build 239. I find it works more or less perfectly with Windows XP.

My problems seem to revolve more around trying to squeeze 8 days into 7, this is of course because I am running in parent/husband mode as against standalone which is easier on resources, but lacks connectivity at times.

Just occasionally I have to close down completely and reboot. I have tried trashing preferences, but with only limited success.

I am hopeful that Cubase 7 will address all these issues by assuring that everything I record is a monster hit - Is that too much to ask for…come on Steinie.

P