Cubase 6.5 / Cubase Artist 6.5 update available

There’s mention of the use of ‘modifiers’ in the promo vid (number 3 or 4…?) to achieve stuff too…

There is, and thats a step in the right direction.

But the most important thing is still what bredo wrote:

to be able to make a comp (after x takes) and then add additional takes without loosing your previouesly made comp.

Just stick the USB eLicenser into the computer where you download the Updater with and upgrade the license there.

Cheers,
Helge

Ok, yes - I see… In which case, I do not think this is possible (only from what I’ve seen/read - not tried anything obviously; still got installation woes…).

That’s right…It’s been a while. Thanks

Is there a link to the process because i’m not having any luck?

I have the usb on a separate internet computer with syncrosoft installed I enter the authorization code and it shows no licences and under upgradable licences

[/quote]

Is there a link to the process because i’m not having any luck?[/quote]

Please download the eLCC from here and install it on your computer:

Then start the License Control Center and enter the new activation code: the license will be downloaded.

In case you purchased Cubase 6.5 after 01.01.2012, just hit the maintenance button in the License Control Center and the license will be updated automatically.

Best,
Helge

This is possible in Cubase 6.5 with the new comp tool: just click on the master comp track with the comp tool after a new recording.

Cheers,
Helge

I did all that

It’s not showing any licences and now i can’t even run C5 on my DAW computer

Ok I enter activation code continue and it doesn’t show any licence to upgrade…the upgrade license button is grayed out

Please remove the eLicenser, restart your computer, reattach the eLicenser, start the LCC and hit the maintanance button. Does it help?

Best,
Helge

Great, another step in the right direction. But I still feel the whole concept of click to select is clumsy. Muting/unmuting was solid, easy and just worked the way you expected it to, with no way of effing up a comp.

Hi, I can’t believe I have to pay for an update from 6 tot 6.5
Why is that,
I payed 200 euro’s in october 2011 to get to Cubase 6 and now again 50 euro?
Why paying in whatever Cubase 6 version.
Want to make the customers unhappy?

Will this be a way to charge more for C6 to C7 update?

Steinberg should throw in the Neve Plugins with this update. :mrgreen:

You don’t have to pay. Wait a week and get the 6.06 update for free!

I love the new features in new Cubase 6.5 however I am disappointed that Steinberg did not include support for ARA; the Celemony Melodyne integration. Yes, VariAudio is great, however having Melodyne available as an editor in Cubase would be better.
I hope that that update is coming soon. Is it?

Nice. But your handling of european VAT seems to me violating the internal market regulation, witch constitute that the seller must take the VAT from the buyers country if selling is more that 100’ EURO/year.

Nothing in this update to interest me. Why oh why do we need more synths/fx? Really.

My guess? To compete with Logic’s package and move more along the lines of being the all in one “dance music” solution.