Cubase 6.5 / Cubase Artist 6.5 update available

I just made a quote and a long reply and now it’s gone,

Can’t write it again, I agree with E.J.; Steinberg keep your customers loyal!!! And offer free support at least for a year.
Don’t treat people like they are dumbo’s.
I love Cubase and use it for more than 13 years. At least some 1100 euro went your way for that, please don’t act like a Telecom company.

…On two forums my concerns have been ignored…

Has anyone gotten Rewire 64-bit to work with Reason 6 with the new 6.5 upgrade? If so could you let me know it will be well appreciated.

This update can’t be purchased and downloaded in North America? Do I have to order a box?
Thx.

Adding my voice to the previous comments. It’s absolutely disgusting that they have decided to charge for updates by packaging new instruments/fx in with what should be standard bug fixing/enhancements of v6 life cycle. I purchased the 5-6 upgrade in October and now it looks like the development of 6 is done for myself and others. Granular synths are dime a dozen, and you would be better off putting that 50 quid/dollars towards Diva.

With 6.5 out now it’s possible we could see 7 in the next 12 month, which will require another 150 upgrade. That i have no issue with, but I am certainly not paying for a version update to get a bunch of things I will never use. Do you see Ableton charging for updates? If you want to buy into their instruments you have a choice, and regardless you still receive updates for the core features of the daw.

I completely agree whith the above criticism of stienberg on this issue. I have been a loyal cubase user from 1998 until now. I have purchased every version of cubase and also other stienberg products.

Because I am obsessed with keeping my machine up to date I check for software updates on a regular basis. When there is a new version, I always purchase the Update.

In the past there have been free maintenence updates that include new features or modules that where not part of the initial release but because it was an update withing a product version they where of course free maintnance updates.

I have absolutely no need for any new synths or these useless dance/dj related filters. I just want my core updates to the system I payed for.

If stienberg wants to give these plugins to cubase 6 users at a bargin of $50 then they should offer that and people would be appreciative, and if the these are vsts they are interested in they would recognise the bargan and be greatfull. Instead, steinberg is basicly holding back an in version update unless you buy a product you dont want.

I have spent years promoting cubase and forming arguments of why people should use cubase rather then other DAWs and have converted a number of PT users. In addition, I have personaly sworn off other platforms in a sighn of loyalty and solidarity.
I have always felt that cubase is superior in many ways and that is where my loyalty comes from. But costomer support/loyalty trumps everything else.
I am not going to leave cubase as I have so many open project, dont want to deal with the learning curve and enjoy the product as I have for the past 14 years. Because I am affraid of missing important hotfixes and maintnance updates and my life being govened by OCD, I will most likely be purchasing this update. My disapointmant/outrage is not in my financial situation, but in principal, completly.
My course of action will be as follows:
-I will update untill cubase six is in its final version
-I will be purchasing protools 10 as I have been looking to have it around anyway to acomadate cliants bringing PT sessions to my studio
-I will continue using C6 but I will not update to C7 when it comes out or ever buy Stienberg again
-If I end enjoying PT, I will slowly transistion and end all association with steinberg.
-even if i hate PT and continue to use C6 I will steer people I talk to away from stienberg and inform people of how steinberg treats there loyal costomers (unless stienberg rectifies this situation)
In closing, I am offended by this action and feel stienberg should have more respect for their loyal costomers.
P.S.
I have never writen somthing like this on a forum and I dont expect this to influence stienbergs policys. I also will not be entertaining any responses to this that are differant of my opinon. Because the way I feel about this not up for debate and everyone is entitled to their own perspective on this issue. If you are a costomer that is satisfied with stienberg on this than good for you and I am not going to try and convince you otherwise, I just want my reaction to this and those who share it to be represented publicly (and I want to vent)
P.P.S
please forgive my poor spelling and grammar.
-Gabe

I feel I’ve had a result here.

Got the Cubase Artist plus pack a few days back for £229. A day after I installed it all, I was notified that I could upgrade for free to 6.5. So got a CI2+_ and Cubase Artist 6.5 for £229. Seeing as a CI2+ is £210 and Artist is £250 on here, I got a decent saving.

I just downloaded my version here in Florida USA.
What specific problem are you having?

Go here and click on “buy now”:

Seems to me that if the 6.06 contained everything other than the Synths everybody would be happy, £42 for two synths is good value, if you need or want them.
Comping improvements should certainly be in 6.06 and hope they have a change of view on this issue. It to me is a core part of Cubase when compared to a Vst.

Compared to that of Cubase 6.0.0, how is the RAM/CPU/stability performance of Cubase 6.0.5 and 6.5?

Cannot comment on the comparison between the two, but Padshop and Retrologue are very lean on my computer, barely popping a pixel on the performance meter when playing. :slight_smile:

That’s good. In my signature you can see that my system is lacking in the HDD department and other areas. I have a lot of ASIO meter problems… audio crashes, freezing. I was wondering if the stability and overall performance of Cubase, the program ITELF has been improved in 6.0.5 (soon to be 6.0.6) and 6.5 since 6.0.0.

Successful Update.

$59 AU, well, the Steinberg synths are actually useable for the first time, so i guess thats good. I’m a full time music professional so its a tax write off, (PLEASE MAKE THE PORTICO PLUGINS HALF PRICE THO!!)

Still crashes on Exit :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Rewire support is good. Will report back more findings.

Win 7 / 64

I have to throw my hat in with those objecting to paying for this upgrade. I’ve paid to go 4-5-6 but not for any incremental updates this far. The comping improvement should be included in the 6.0.6 update however, I gather it will not be. Making customers pay for this fix (c’mon, this is not a new feature now is it) is inappropriate. Its not about the cost for me, its about the principle. Or is this the new pricing model?

Perhaps I will take a look at DP8 from MOTU, now that it’s cross platform. Performer was the first sequencer I ever used on a computer.

I will weigh this carefully and may simply wait for C7.

Time for a goodwill gesture Steiny, add the comping feature to the free update around the corner. Be good to your user base.

For me it’s about being able to access the features and facilities I need in a timely manner.

As end users, we cannot know what development resources were expended during the comping/lanes fix, rewire/flac upgrades and if those additions were outside the normal development schedule. It would not surprise me that due to the incessant demands of customers, extra development staff may have been required and thus additional costs were incurred within a shortened timeframe.

SB is offering users two options: $50 for C6.5 (worth it in my opinion) or the soon-to-be-released free C6.0.6 update. This seems pretty darn reasonable whichever path you follow.

Of course the 3rd option is to not upgrade and continue using what you already have. That’s also a reasonable choice.

My long distance guitar player friend recently paid $299 to upgrade from Pro Tool 9 to PT 10.
Now that really hurt!

Well, I have tried Reaper and their sound engine is not up to par or as good as Cubase, Sonar, Samplitude or even Mixcraft. Play something on your keyboard/guitar, etc. and listen to it dry on headphones; then, record that same thing in Reaper, Cubase, Sonar, etc. You will notice a very different, almost muddy and “thin” like sound in Reaper. In Sonar or Cubase the sound is reproduced exactly as what you listened to before it was put through a sound engine. Now, my hearing has dimished over the years, but I can tell a very distinct difference in the sound that Reaper reproduces as opposed to Cubase, Sonar, etc.

WOW you just dated yourself sir. Oh well… i’m right there with ya - anyone remember the 8088s? hah

or better yet, the C64s and the Tandys?

or better yet, 2 inch MACHINES?!?!? :laughing:

#1 this is completely a straw-man argument.
#2 the point is that the updates are not in the update but in the paid upgrade.
#3 the UPGRADE from pt9 to pt10 is a MAJOR UPGRADE. If you don’t know that or what the upgrade is about, you have bigger issues than steiny trying to jack you for $50. That $299 is well spent money. Not only that but Avid has versions of pt that have 4 year support! 4 years free!

I agree with a previous poster on ending the cycle with Cubase. I too will be making the move to PT10 and slowly weaning off of Cubase. All new projects will be started in PT. Once previous projects are finished that were started in cubase I’m selling it to recoup some of my investment.

I’m tired of being nickel-and-dimed and convincing people that cubase is just as good. I’ve worked too hard for this program and don’t feel that I’ve gotten nearly the same in return. I think it’ll feel good to not have to make any excuses for it any longer. If they don’t care about keeping me, I don’t care about staying.

You can use a lesser program such as LE (or Elements) just for tracking and that way you’ll be able to take advantage of the bugfixes and other enhancements and NOT need the dongle, which still having much of the effects and synth arsenal of the full version.