Cubase 6.5 double clicking on track names to rename

I have the same problem since CB6.There are projects where the double click works and others where it won’t. I’m working with CB 6.5 on winxp sp4 32-bit and win7 sp1 64-bit. If it works or not depends on the project, not the OS.

You could try the unsupported 6.5.1 patch or wait until a formal patch is released.

I am running 6.5.1 and have no problem double clicking on a track and changing it’s name. I did not try this with 6.5. I really hope this is not an OS problem because I am moving up to Win7 come April, but you can see that I am running XPSP3.

It does seem dependent on the project even after the 6.5.1 update one minute it will work the other it won’t. I run very heavy projects and if the writing is on the wall I guess I will have to purchase a more powerful computer.

dbl click 6.0=o.k.
from 6.5 on same problem: dbl click to open editors and edit values direct
so my best “guess”: it’s C6.5 not Win7/64
also: PLEASE fix it soon as 6.5 cpr’s are not running on 6.0!

I’m having this problem also, takes many clicks to open midi parts, or audio events, very annoying.
Personally though, I never noticed this in 6 only since I upgraded to 6.5

Well the guy at Steinberg is trying to tell me I have a hard drive problem and that’s why it’s acting up… I do not have a hard drive problem and I used Cubase 6 without any of these problems. This is sooo basic why would they mess with the basic editing functions or rather anything requiring a double click. They need to fix this. I really hate wasting time double clicking without any response

this was also unworkable for me so i returned to 6.0x
yes, Steinberg at it’s best…

No problem here with C6.5.1 64 on Win 7 64

… but I’m currently working on small (8 audio tracks at max, and some VSTis) projects

You say you’re working on ‘heavy’ projects

• how heavy is heavy?
  • any idea above what project size things go wrong?
  • has it become extremely slow to open the editor? or won’t open at all?

Bests

Albert

C6.5.1 64 on Win 7 64
i7 920 @2.67 /X58e

I am still on 6.5.0 Build 102 (64-bit) and I have no problem with renaming tracks via double clicks.
(Windows 7 64-bit)

This is NOT a hard drive issue, this is a Cubase 6.5 issue.
I have the same problem on both laptop and Destop PC.
So are Steinberg going to tell me that both have failing hard drives at the exact moment I upgrade to C6.5 and that this failure will not manifest itself in any other way than in C6.5 double clicking items!!! :smiling_imp:

I can’t believe I paid money for an upgrade before making sure all the kinks were ironed out, it’s my own fault, I should have known not to trust a new release…

Since I did the 6.5 and 6.5.1 updates, the issues I was having have gone, it’s seemingly dealt with. :slight_smile:

I am having these problems since I updated to 6.0.6…

Highly annoying!

How can I go back to 6.0.2??

I can recommend “Folder Options/General/Single Click to open an item.” If that helps anyone.
I don’t think it’s (just) a Cubase problem but I sure don’t think it’s caused by a faulty hard drive.
I’d go with some sort of graphical issue where it affects Cubase and probably some other programs but where it is probably easily fixed in some cases by tweaking the graphic settings in some way. Might not be easy for everyone of course.
I would say that Cubase has probably had written a routine (to fit a new protocol maybe) that some graphics card drivers have not caught up with yet or maybe have the wrong options enabled.
Keep in mind that computer systems have more bugs than any one program. :neutral_face: :nerd:

i always use the single click=dbl click setting in win7. didn’t help with the problem.
this is very strange and inconsistent.
i went back from 6.5 to 6.0.5 and then the problem seemingly disappeared.
but had the dbl click fault again in 6.0.5 for one session. after restart it was gone again. :open_mouth:

It’s really funny how I would be working on one prject and the problem would not manifest itself and another project would have the problem. I had a tracking session last night and tracked 6 tracks of vocals and no access to the audio editor via double click and I’m working on another project with 18 tracks of vocals and it’s been working fine all day no problems. This is a mystery. Hmmm graphical problem someone suggested. Well it’s worth a try. but it’s really bummy that you pay for an upgrade and you get glitches and 56.5.1 is not helping my situation at all. I installed Cubase 6.5.1 64 bit and realized that it had problems accessing some of my 32 bit plugins and froze gubase. Additionally, I realized in Cubase 64 bit the cpu usage was doubled for any 32 bit project I was currently working on… verdict… no 64 bit till I get a faster machine and pressing enter to access the editors has to work for me in the meantime. Steinberg maintains that it’s a hard drive problem and after defragging my hard drives and running diagnostics I have no hard drive problems. Anyway… deadlines to meet

Well I’m still stuck with the double clicking problem which is claimed to be due to my hard drive but I make the best with the enter key and I patiently wait for another update from Steinberg.

Hi I have the exact same kind of problem. I´ve been in contact with the the suport with no succsess.
I tried to get the “parts to event” and also “bouncing” the track back fourth and suddenly after 30-40 minutes
of trying all I could think of, I got It to work OK again.
Never had this kind of issue on C5.
Sorry I can´t be more helpfull,but youre not alone :wink:
/Tompa

I just hope the issue is fixed.

Have you tried trashing your prefs?