Cubase 6.5 - Templates missing / Padshop / Retrolog banks

Hi guys.

Yesterday I updated my Cubase 6 to 6.5, so far so good, I am realy enjoying it.
But I notice something is different or wrong? The templates in the Project Assistant are not there.

Before I was able to choose a Mastering, Scoring or any other of those templates, now I cant, they are not there :cry:

Also, all presets in Padshop and Retrologue not there also ā€¦ ai ai ai

Anyone can help me on this?

Thanks

Hello:

I just loaded my Cubase 6 and was playing around with it, then decided to finish updating to 6.5. The same thing happened to me. Before I updated to 6.5 I had all the Project Assistant templates, now there are noneā€¦

How can I get the Project templates back?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Grateful Dad

same here all my padshop presets are missing after updating to 6.5??

Please anyone I havenā€™t heard back from my support ticket either what could this error be from??? :neutral_face:

Iā€™m having the same issueā€¦ When i try to save templates with the same name as the missing ones cubase says it has to over-write my old templates. But i canā€™t see them in the list.

Iā€™ve got exactly the same issue here!

Anyone ever figure this out? Everything was working fine on 6.5 and for some reason I decided today was a good day to upgrade to 6.5.4! Now I cant find any presets for padshop or retrologue. When I got to the browser to check the filters, the 2 instruments arent even there.

They do show up when I check audio/presets/steinberg/retrologue.
Cant seem to figure out where to put them

I have the exact problem here.
So is there a solution for this?
Thank you!

ā€¦just noticed that I have the same problem here with 6.5.4:

My old templates show all up - however creating a new template doesnā€™t work. The new template does not show up, even after a restart of Cubase. When I try to create the new template again, Cubase reminds me that it has to overwrite an existing (the new one, which is not showing upā€¦) template.

Really strange and annoying - I hope help from Steinberg comes soon, pleaseā€¦!

Thomas

This problem still existsā€¦ No answer from Cubase, no reply on the forumā€¦
Did anybody find a solution to this? Iā€™m tired saving templates as songs, reload and save under a new name.
This really drives me crazyā€¦ :wink:

Thanks for any update on this matter,
Thomas

ok., maybe one step closer to a solution: I noticed that .cpr files are set to open with Cubase 7. I do have a version 7 installed, but donā€™t like it at all, so I continue working in version 6.5.
When I try to change the ā€œopen withā€ option in the file info and press ā€œchange allā€, it immediately switches back to Cubase 7. Maybe this is why the templates donā€™t show up in version 6? They are looked upon being files for Cubase /?

If so, how can I change the settings in the info window? I tried to delete the homedirectory/library/preferences/com.apple.LaunchServices.plist file, but it didnā€™t work.

This is really an ennoying situation - and no news from Steinberg support so farā€¦

Update: I managed to set the default application to Cubase 6ā€¦ didnā€™t help. SOS (Same Old Shā€¦) again.

Slowly but surely this issue drives me mad. My e-mails to Steinberg support remain unanswered, the problem still exists. Sure, I can select my template in the finder and right click ā€œopen with Cubase 6ā€. But then my recording path remains the same and is not in my project folder. Worse: it is impossible to CHANGE the recording path for a project in Cubase 6.

This is simply crap. After many years of working with Cubase, Iā€™m close to leave and work with another DAW now. Whatā€™s the problem for Support to give answers? Why donā€™t they help users? Not being able to work with presets in a DAW makes this software useless to professional users.

Thomas