Cubase 6.5 update NOT WORKING

Hi ,
6.5 update win xp pro
Internet computer
double click ,Starts to unzip Then tries to get on line (Triggers my fire wall)
Then the Install window opens OK.

Studio Computer OFF LINE . Win xp pro sp3
Starts to unzip when the installer tries to get on line The install fails ?
I do have various services turned off ,has never bothered cubase before.

if you run the opened installer It tells me to remove the previous version of cubase :unamused:

:unamused:

You just got the ā€œI donā€™t understand your repro stepsā€ icon ā†’ :unamused:

I am equally confused by your shorthand.

You should not need internet access after youā€™ve downloaded the installer and moved it to your music pc, just to run the install anyway. (my understanding)

You were able to successfully download the installer and get it to your music PC without any errors right?

So then, the actual error message is on your music PC after you start the install, right?

It was able to extract itself, right?

It would be odd that the installer would error out on lack of internet, not saying itā€™s not possible, cuz I donā€™t know everything it does.

Are you sure itā€™s the installer and not the eLicensor thatā€™s showing the errorā€¦or maybe itā€™s a Windows error message?

Iā€™m not on my music computer at the moment, so canā€™t check to see how the installer is set upā€¦have forgotten, but sometimes there is an exe and an msi portion of the installer. If you tried setup.exe for instance, maybe try cubase.msi instead, or visa versa. Wild-a$$ guess, stab in the dark, but maybe worth a try.

Something similar happened on my second partition, this procedure worked for me (it is from memory but dont think I missed anything).

Take a copy of your Cubase 6 folder (with the xmls) just in case.

Go into add/remove programs and remove Cubase
Then go to the unzipped download and run the syncrosoft licence.
Then run the Cubase Setup install
Then run the upload manager install
Then run the padshop install
Then run the retrologue install

You were able to successfully download the installer and get it to your music PC without any errors right?
So then, the actual error message is on your music PC after you start the install, right?
It was able to extract itself, right?
Yes Thank you.

Studio Computer OFF LINE . Win xp pro sp3
Starts to unzip , when the installer has unzipped the files, The SETUP box should appear .Instead i get a crash
Setup.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If I open the unzipped folder And double click the setup icon I get
Setup.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you run the opened 32 bit installer It tells me to remove the previous version of cubase.

The mention of the internet is so Steinberg no exactly were the installer is going wrong.
Confused by the rolling eyes icon , Only human nature.
Cheers.

Yes - thats exactly what happened to me.

So I did the procedure I outlined above.

Iv followed the instructions from Rod Cheers

But i am suffering the same Problem ?

Hello,

1. Please be aware that we do not support Windows XP

2. Perhaps you MSI.DLL file is broken. Perhaps you have a look at the Microsoft.com website and download the latest version again for your Windows XP installation.

Cheers,

Chris

Regarding the use of XP Iā€™m running this OS in 64x and inbstalled update no problems at all. Works fine on XP.

I too am a XP user and the 6.5 update gave me the same exact Windows error when the package tried to run SETUP.EXE. The problem is probably you havenā€™t done a Windows update in quite a while. Please update the Microsoft .NET framework package, REBOOT and then run the upgrade again and it should work.

Charlie

I downloaded the Cubase 6.5 update today and trying to install on Windows 7 64bit with Cubase 6.05 already installed,found the installer quit after unpacking the files with the computer connected to the internet. If the computer was not connected to the internet the installer would run, flash up a dialog box too quickly to read and then quit. Running the cubase installer from the unpacked files produced the cannot run another version of cubase is installed dialog. Uninstalling Cubase 6.05 and reinstalling cubase 6.0 produced the same results but uninstalling cubase and following Rodā€™s instructions I have now installed Cubase 6.5. Thanks Rod, poor show Steinberg.

Robert

Thanks Rod, your advice worked for meā€¦!!!

Like someone mentioned above, I was able to resolve the exact same problem by updating my .net framework from version 2.0 to version 3.5. Then the install worked just fine. I am on a windows xp sp2 32bit machine.

Hope this helps!

• Sent via my mobile telecommunications apparatusā€¦

Hi,

I had the exact same problem as reported in here, but managed to install Cubase 6.5.0 by following Rod Staplesā€™ setup instructions in the 4th post from the top.

Iā€™m now trying to install the 6.5.3 update and am again getting the same problem again: ā€œSetup has encountered a problem and needs to close.ā€, after the update has unpacked itself.
I would like to try again installing the separate unpacked packages, but have no idea where they were unpacked.

Anybody with the same problem or have an idea how I can get 6.5.3 installed ?

Regards,
Maarten

Update:

I was able to extract the individual installers from ā€œCubase_6.5.3_Update.exeā€ with winrar.
The individual installers installed just fine.

Regards,
Maarten

R/Click that setup file and see itā€™s emulation status. Could be that the zips, being created in W7 and using a W7 version of the zipper plays havoc with XP? Maybe a question for a Windows forum seeing no XP support here any more.

Emulation status ? Do you mean Compatibility Mode ?
Right click properties do not indicate any compatibility mode on the compatibility tab of the properties dialog

Anyway, itā€™s all working over here so far after having installed the individual components.

Thanks,
Maarten