Cubase 6.5 update, unhandled exception

Hi,

I just bought an upgrade to Cubase 6.5. During installation everything seems normal until right after Elicenser is updated, then I get an error message saying Unhandled exception has occured in your application and I got the option of continue or quit. If I click continue nothing happends and if I click Quit it exist. I see that Cubase has been uninstalled by the update. I have tried to install version 6 again and then run the 6.5, but I get the same problem. I have also tried the suggestion listen in the knowledge base using a tool from Microsoft fixing problem during update or installation. But it reported that there where no errors.

Anyone have any suggestion?

Did you JUST download the update or did you download it earlier?
Did you activate your license using the eLicenser software before running the update?
Did you try running the update “as Administrator”?

I just bought and downloaded the update just prior to my post here. I did not activate license using eLicenser, aaah, maybe that is the problem. Let me try again…

Ok, no I forgot to add the activation code, but I have added it now, but I still get the same error after update as uninstall previous version.

This is the details on the error:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified.
at Microsoft.Deployment.WindowsInstaller.Installer.CheckInstallResult(UInt32 ret)
at SetupBootstrapper.MSIPackage.install(InstallUIOptions uiOptions, Boolean alluser, Boolean log)
at SetupBootstrapper.MSIGroup.SetupBootstrapper.ICustomizable.RunInstallation(Boolean alluser, Boolean log)
at SetupBootstrapper.Setup.RunInstallationSequence(Boolean log)
at SetupBootstrapper.Setup_Form.startInstallSequence()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I will try to remove everything regarding Cubase and Elicenser and reinstall and try again tomorrow.

Before you do that, what is your system configuration? 64/32-bit versions of Windows/Cubase?
The “file not found” seems odd, maybe try to download the installer again, re-run the unpack/install again?
Also try downloading the eLicenser separately and install beforehand and then try again, maybe?

I run Cubase 32-bit on Windows 7 64-bit. Reason for 32-bit is some plugins that I had problem with in Cubase 64-bit.

It worked :slight_smile: I did this:

• Downloaded latest version of eLicenser and installed it
  • Downloaded Cubase 6.5 again and installed it, when question regarding installation of eLicenser came I cancelled it and installation continued without any error