Cubase 6.5 with Icon Qcon Controller

Hi everybody, I’m new here, I wonder how can I assign volume value on the Icon display instead of the pan value… I did it with other programs but I can’t find a way on cubase… hope it can be done or it would be a disaster…
Sorry for my english, cheers from Italy !!!

sry i dont know what you mean…
When you add the QCON as an “Mackie Control” to cubase, use the Fader?

Whey you set up youre own “Generic Device”, set it up you want?

why you wanna control vol with Pan?
When you delate you’re “Mackie Control” out of cubase you have to restart Cubase to use it as an Generic Control,
so mighht be better to use the Encoder from another Controller, the QuickControls might help…

I didn’t mean to control the volume with the pan knob, even if I know you can do it with the “flip” button… I mean I want to see the volume value on the Qcon display… cause at the moment I can see the Pan value on the display and this is not what I want…

oh thx, thats whats flip for:)

OK, sry i dont know… maybe when you press filp?

nope…

now i understand why somebody was excited aboute the fact that the QCON has no “Fader Level” Button…

do you now how to show all QuickControls of the selected Channel on the display?

Is it possible to convert the “Mackie Control” data with Pd or something that exchange Pan/Ins with Vol/QC…?

i use for “evrything” a own controller: Mixer=Qcon, ChannelEdit=BCR, Plugins Automap, and now i’m looking for a own (with Faders) “just” for the QCs and very cool workarounds with the QCs… @support please: MIDI routing - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

I don’t know if you understand what I’m looking for, sorry , but my english is not so good…
First of all… the controller is working perfectly on every function… the only thing that I miss is to have the same display of the track as I used to have on logic…
for example… the pan parameter on the qcon in the “effects” line it was the “track” button on the “assignment” line when I used to have the Logic pro mask placed on the qcon… pushing that button you could select what parameter you have on you qcon display… for example… pan, volume, out, in etc…
I can’t find this way on cubase and at the moment what I see in the qcon display is this…
the upper line show the track names… the lower line says… pan left-right page01/02
what I would like to do is to have in the lower line the respective volume value on every track, just to see in real time the volume without looking at the computer monitor…
the link you gave me is only about midi tracks… am I wrong? I’m talking about every tracks… mmmhhhh
thank you anyway

sry for my bad english to:)

In logic is it possible to show the VOL Parameter?

The link i show you was because what i was looking for and thought it would be interessting, for cool things you can do with controlers and how to use midi-Tracks as controller, use NoteExpression as QC (very interessting link if you are interested in such things…)

What i try to say is, there is no “Vol” button on the QCON so, we aren’t able to read the “Vol Parameter” from the Qcon display” except Cubase would be able to send/lie the Controller the “Vol Parameter” instead of the “Pan” for example, this would be very useful for me to, because i want to show the QCs on the Display…

yes, in logic you can choose between the volume, pan, in, out etc … can’t find this thing on cubase :frowning:

with the other overlay you have other buttons and theres a “Level View” Button allready there?

with the other overlay in logic you keep pushing the tracl button on a sub menu apperas in the display where you can select what to see in the display below the track name… like vol, pan, in, out,track format etc… I can’t find this on cubase…

Hi !

This is not possible with Cubase and QCon (same as with a Mackie Controller).