Cubase 6 a step backwards

:smiley:

Quite simple. He stated “I haven’t come across anything in Cubase 6 that’s better.” If that’s the case, then he hasn’t researched all that’s changed in Cubase 6, as there are undoubtedly things that are better - regardless of whether he’ll use them or not. Therefore, it is logical to say it seems he hasn’t researched what’s new.

I like the looks for C6. To me it feels just like Nuendo 3 which had my most favorite color scheme. :slight_smile:

So keeping in line with the notion of C6 having things you really need - is there quicktime export functionality? Ha, I think I already know the answer to that :smiling_imp: Hell no.

C6 not out yet here in Australia. I didnt think we were THAT backward, but perhaps Steinberg think otherwise…

Jim

LOL… sometimes I think this is a conspiracy against all new cubase features and improvements… :unamused:
(…perhaps forced by eternally dissatisfied Logic/S1/X1 or PT users to make them feel a little better?? I think it´s hidden envy) :laughing:
What is the point of these negative denounce topics?
Propaganda can not be found, because most users love cubase. That´s fact, see all the other positive answers in this forum, dear topic creator!
A matter of your personal taste.

I am quite of your opinion.
Every DAW on the market has it´s bugs and user wishes - but I still see C6 very far ahead in comparison to the other competitors.
Ultimately a matter of personal taste. As always.

C.

+1

[/quote]

[/quote]

A forum is a central point for exchanging views and debate, Steinberg can then become aware of the general opinion of it’s users, and become aware of those issues (they may not react to them, but without the forum they wouldn’t know about them).

If we all sat here saying how wonderful everything is, and issues don’t matter because we love Steinberg, then it would end up like an East West forum, controlled and not reality. So I certainly respect Steinberg in leaving all debate open.

Well flame guns at the ready because…

I personally am regretting spending £120 on something that is giving me serious workflow problems while leaving many important issues unresolved (folders that don’t mute / unmute properly, comping workflow whether you are comping or not) no REX preview support in mediabay (after 3/4 years of “we’re trying to figure it out” ), enticing features like “jump to plugin automation” which, on closer inspection, only work on VST3 plugins and then only the Steinberg ones, having to reboot the system cos the process won;t end on exit / crash)

This should have definitely been a free update, 5.6, as the OP stated.
I will be sticking to C552 for all my production work…

Now, form an orderly queue behind the gunsight …

Well, I do see what you mean, but I assumed he was talking from his own perspective - ie he’d found nothing that was better for him. It is, after all, pointless to dig into features that you know you’ll never use.

While I do wish people wouldn’t use language that SOUNDS like “absolute” comparisons (A is better than B) when they’re meaning “relative” comparisons (A is better than B for my purposes), that does seem to be what so many people do - and on forums I’ve seen it create pointless arguments where members quarrel about whether A is better or worse than B, with no reference to, or recognition of, differences between the kinds of use that A & B will get in those members’ hands. But I think we just have to live with the fact that, in forums, we do often find opinions stated as if they were facts - sometimes because the writer can’t believe he could ever be wrong :laughing: , but sometimes, perhaps, just because the writer finds it wearing to put in all the IMOs, and so on. And, when someone says something like “there’s no improvement”, I think (perhaps more often than not) that’s not always meant to be taken literally.

Oh, and what’s better: petrol or milk? :slight_smile:

yes

Around the 32nd of Octember if i’m not mistaken :astonished:

[/quote]

A forum is a central point for exchanging views and debate, Steinberg can then become aware of the general opinion of it’s users, and become aware of those issues (they may not react to them, but without the forum they wouldn’t know about them).

If we all sat here saying how wonderful everything is, and issues don’t matter because we love Steinberg, then it would end up like an East West forum, controlled and not reality. So I certainly respect Steinberg in leaving all debate open.[/quote]

+1

Amen to that one!

I do try and word my posts to avoid misinterpretation, but some people can’t/don’t/won’t.

I’ve been on the verge of being banned elsewhere for pointing out ‘factpinion’ posts - as it was a moderator who posted them!

aside of that keep in mind that STEINBERG still has to have an eye at the economical side.
New versions brings new money.
The statements are always the same on every new major upgrade.

Has anyone not noticed how they moved this awkward forum out of the way to the ‘Music Lounge’.

for all you arguing whats fair and not. whats a good forum and not. isnt this censorship??? isn’t it S.HIT to move this forum post out the way.? To hide the negative view I didn’t even agree with, to where most people don’t look.

A good forum I will stand up for here!

I wonder how fast they would have moved it if it was started in the “Welcome to Steinberg” forums. :laughing:

I’m only entering my opinion here because I have not done any research, and don’t plan on upgrading at the moment. I have always waited to buy new versions of any software. Windows 7 was the first software I bought without any revisions… and still I waited quite a while. What seems logical, and actually quite simple to me is, if someone wants to upgrade, they should look into the features that would really be useful to them, and make their decision based upon those features… few or many… that may make an upgrade worthwhile.

There is no difference in sound quality between version 5.x and 6.x. So it all comes down to features. Does it make the workflow easier? Appearance matters to me, personally. Is it cooler to look at? etc… etc… These things are no brainers for me. Whether I am in a good run for money, or conserving in the dry spells, it is still money, and it still goes away if you spend it. So as much as one can find out about what they are spending their money on… should be a priority.

Just my opinion. :slight_smile:

So members of the general public can witness the shenanigans of steinberg folk (users) and be turned off immediately thus driving down revenue and giving us less bug fixes over time?

Sean Dockery

The great Duke point guard?

If so… I still remember that half-court shot you made at the buzzer to beat Virginia Tech!

It’s why I’m waiting for a demo. Granted, I don’t have any concrete plans to update but I do want to demo the thing first anyway, you never know. It is interesting to find out some things from “unsatisfied buyers” that don’t seem to get talked about otherwise like…

… “jump to plugin automation” which, on closer inspection, only work on VST3 plugins and then only the Steinberg ones…

… is that true? I gave them major props on that feature as a move toward improving workflow because I really hate digging through parameter lists. If it only works on Steinberg’s VST plugs it’s not nearly as useful as the marketing implies.

Cubase 6 looks like a great update to me overall but I wouldn’t upgrade in the blind anyway since they’ve started offering demos. I’ll wait until then to form any opinions under the assumption that they’ll eventually post it and I can make up my own mind about it.

Aside from that, if people think any product won’t have at least a few unhappy (or regretful) buyers, they’re living in Disneyland. Not sure what the big deal is really, with some of the reactions. It seems the vast majority are quite happy.