Cubase 6 and Halion SE--a bunch of questions

Hi,

I’m fairly new to Cubase 6. got a bunch of questions: Cubase 6 currently installed on Windows 7, Intel Quad-Core, 32-bit.

1. I’m thinking of buying a new computer with Windows 7 64-bit: Will cubase 6 and all plugins work properly?
  2. Halion Sonic SE comes free with Cubase 6. I noticed an upgrade to Halion Sonic 1.5.2. Can I use this, or is it only for the full version of Halion Sonic?
  3. If I record some tracks using Halion Sonic SE, can I output these to mp3? (my only previous experience is with Yamaha Motif VST Editor)

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Phil

1. Everything will work properly, especially if you make sure your 3rd party plugins are 64 bit.
  2. It’s only for the full version of HALion Sonic, as far as I know. If HALion Sonic SE gets updated, it’s more likely to come in the form of a Cubase update rather than anything else, although it’s up to Steinberg to decide on these things.
  3. Sure you can. Mp3 export isn’t related to any software instrument. Just perform an audio mixdown and set mp3 as the output format.