Cubase 6 / Artist 6 / Elements 6: 6.0.4 pre-rel UD available

Dear Cubase 6, Cubase Artist 6 and Cubase Elements 6 users,
Thanks to your help, we identified five critical issues after the release of Cubase 6.0.3 which were resolved in the past weeks. In order to make these improvements available to you as soon as possible, we are pleased to launch the 6.0.4 pre-release update today.

Most of you already know by now what “pre-release” means: the update has not completed our full QA testing cycle and is therefore officially unsupported, although our internal preliminary testing indicates that it is stable and reliable. We know that the term “unsupported pre-release” may sound off-putting to the faint-hearted and without doubt there is a trade-off between time and certainty. However, a pre-release allows us to make important improvements available to you very shortly after they have been accomplished and to publicly check if an issue is actually truly resolved on hundreds of different system and OS configurations or if we need to take it back to the drawing board for further fine-tuning.

The 6.0.4 pre-release resolves the following issues:

1. When using the new-in-6.0.3 “Gridlines in front of parts/events” function, the performance of the User Interface does not diminish anymore.

2. When using audio samples as metronome click, toggling the metronome on/off doesn’t lead to interruption of audio recordings.

3. When Control Room with more than one Studio bus is active, the metronome click doesn’t drop out.

4. Steinberg CI series audio hardware and Yamaha MOX synthesizer specific VST Connection port naming issues under Mac OS X Lion (10.7) systems is resolved.

5. Using the Altiverb plug-in or Yamaha MOTIF Editors in a Project together with video material does not render the application unreliable anymore.

The Update can be downloaded free of charge from the Steinberg website:

Cubase 6.0.4 Updater download

Cubase Artist 6.0.4 Updater download

Cubase Elements 6.0.4 Updater download

Please note that we aim to release a fully supported 6.0.5 maintenance update for Cubase 6, Cubase Artist 6 and Cubase Elements 6 in the upcoming months. Of course it will include all of the above listed enhancements plus a handful more.

Please keep this thread as clean as possible and let us know if the update resolves the issues listed above on your system. In case you experience new issues which haven’t shown up before, we surely want to know about these as well.

Thanks for choosing Cubase!

Helge Vogt
Product Marketing Manager Cubase
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH

do I need to install 6.0.3. before or can I just overwrite 6.0.2. ?

I so much like this new update policy from Steinberg.
If you had done it like this since 1998 (when I got in on the cubase thing) you’d be world dominators by now :wink:

Kim

Just done exactly that (overwrite .02 that is) without any problem. When you save an existing project in .04 it asks you if you want to name it as a new project as it might not work if you roll back to .02(hense you still have a .02 version) which I’ve never seen before.

To early to say much but it does feel snappier and more solid…hope that’s not famous last words. :open_mouth:

EDIT
Been working with .04 for a couple of hours on a video project…everything looking very satisfactory so far. Well done Steiney. :sunglasses:

6.0.4 loaded in a few minutes (from 6.0.2), and the metronome fuction works like one would hope, either factory beeps or importing my own. Did the record>pause metronome>start metronome>pause metronome, etc, (many times!) and it works like a charm. Team Steinberg, you are back on track! Thank you!! :sunglasses:

:exclamation:

To those of you who are into the idea that a forward polarity click will produce a better performance, please note the following:

1. The Steinberg supplied beeps are reverse polarity in your cans.

2. If you are going to make your own recorded sounds for your click track, remember this: You need to have your recorded sound comfirmed as positive polarity, and then you need to export it with negative polarity, saving it as a wave file you can import into the metronome program.

So it’s probable that the program samples for the Steinberg beeps are actually positive polarity, but the engine that delivers the beeps is reversing the polarity of the signal, including the ones you might make. Eh, easy fix for Steinberg, reverse the polarity of the sample beeps? But no matter, I can deal with this. 6.0.4 is working well for me.

I am schocked to see that a fix for expression maps and dynamics maps are not included in this pre-rel UD. Steinberg, you have a large community of users who bought into Cubase 6 with the expextations that these important features would work correctley and consistantly. If you would just read the user board you would see the Anger out their to your product, I am personally going to get a lawyer and start a quest to get all my money back for breach of contract. You advertise this feature heavily and it JUST DONT WORK !!!

I have have interaction with your staff and it has now got to the point where they do not show the common courtosy of replying to my emails. My Steinberg Support Case Ref.#00945850ref:00D3F1z.5003Fqwpy:ref

1. 8-15-2011 some comentary
    2.9-20-2011 get me new files
    3.8-30-200 nothing

Steinberg…You do write some phenominal music tools, but can you got to stop treating the notation users like second class citizens !!!

My last attemped will be to contact a high a ranking official as possible within thre Steinberg organization who can do something about this situation

Jim

I rolled back to 6.0.2, and no longer have any of the crash issues that appeared with 6.0.3

I was wondering if any of the people who did the same, have installed this update yet?

When will lanes be fixed?

thank you, steinberg! great update policy! nice 6.04! :sunglasses:

STILLLLLL…no drag and drop to 3rd party plugins such as Battery.

whilst youre at it with your lawyer Jim how about you ask him about the legality of Steinberg actively and purposefully blocking/crippling 3rd party companies’ plugins from working as efficiently as their own. To me smells similar to when Microsoft crippled the Netscape browser for their own benefit. By Steinberg actively changing things in Cubase so you cannot drag and drop to 3rd party plugins such as Battery but of course it works to their own plugin Groove Agent 1 i believe this is essentially the same unethical behaviour.

you can drag and drop to Battery inside every other DAW but not inside Cubase. And they say its not their problem its the plugins problem ? why does it work fine in every other DAW. how long do you think you can keep this fabrication up for Steinberg…

I would love to see: Audio-Advanced-Delete Overlaps. That’s my 2 cents. I also concur with alot of the gripes I see here. Seems like the main things that need fixing are not being treated with a sense of urgency. On a good note though, the update feels a bit snappier. Hope alot of issues get sorted before C7 comes out.

the last 2 updates i’ve installed(which have both worked correctly far as i could tell) have given me error messages. is there any way to fix this?

“Module C:\Program Files(x86)\Steinberg\Asio\asiodxfx.dll failed to register. HRESULT - 2147024770. Contact your support personnel.”

“Module C:\Program Files(x86)\Steinberg\Asio\asioglld.dll failed to register. HRESULT - 2147024770. Contact your support personnel.”

I have to press ignore to both of these. After which it works.

Been using 6.0.4 since yesterday and have faced no major problems. However, the GUI still becomes a little sluggish when zoomed in a lot, and especially if there’s a fair amount of editing happening in the project. I guess that’s more down to my graphics card though.

What’s your system?

yes! The metronome is back in business!

Thank you Steinberg. That was a really annoying problem for a while!

:slight_smile:

Delete overlaps doesn’t work for you?

This is a hot fix, not an update…

Thanks Steinberg my bad… I had to trash the good ole prefs and Pow! It works again :smiley: Thanks Sonik :laughing:

Does enabling/disabling the click while recording still stop the recording process with the internal stock metronome?

6.0.4 has reintroduced the “crash on exit” when running Cubase as a non-administrator. What occasionally happened with pretty much all versions is now constant and repeatable:

===================================================================
Cubase6.exe Version 6.0.4 Build 346 - 8.9.2011 17:36
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Timestamp is 4e4aa6be (Tue Aug 16 18:19:58 2011)
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 6\Cubase6.exe
Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION
Fault address:  41079E48 01:01078E48 C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 6\Cubase6.exeBytes at CS:EIP:
48 8b 06 48 8b ce ff 10 90 48 8d 4b 40 48 8b 01
48 8b d7 ff 90 d8 00 00 00 90 48 8b 06 48 8b ce

===================================================================
Cubase6.exe Version 6.0.4 Build 346 - 8.9.2011 17:36
Timestamp is 4e4aa6be (Tue Aug 16 18:19:58 2011)
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 6\Cubase6.exe
Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION
Fault address:  40FF9928 01:00FF8928 C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 6\Cubase6.exeBytes at CS:EIP:
4c 8b 69 28 4c 89 68 08 49 8b 45 00 49 8b cd ff
10 90 4d 8b 74 24 18 4c 89 b4 24 c8 00 00 00 49