Cubase 6 Consistently Crashing with Arturia Analog Factory

Problem
Cubase 6 Consitently Crashing with Arturia Analog Factory

Reproduction

1. Create new project
  2. Insert Arturia Analog Factory Instrument Track
  3. Open device panel.

I get a blank window called Analog Factory and Cubase hangs. Must manually kill Cubase via Task Manager since it will be unresponsive for over 30 mins.

Notes:
Arturia Analog Factory is working fine as standalone and as VST in Ableton Live 8.
Cubase 6 is licensed on the USB eLicenser Dongle. Analog Laboratory is licensed as a soft license (SeL) section of the eLicenser. not sure if maybe that’s causing the issue.

Running Windows 7, 16 gigs ram, 32 bit cubase. newest updated version of eLicenser, Cubase, and Analog Lab installed.

Please help.

Just curious if you ever got this solved? I have the same problem running 64 bit Cubase 6.5 as you describe. Arturia Analog Factory 2.5 works fine as a standalone but hangs Cubase everytime I try to add a VST Instrument Track. Sorry I don’t have a solution but hoping you’ve found one. Thanks, Ulti

Have you tried to update your e-licenser?

Cheers

Actually I just did that. Wasn’t doing it to solve the problem just trying to update everything. Unfortunately it did not solve the problem. Thank you for the suggestion though.

It just plain won’t work. I ended up just switching back to 32-bit Cubase.

I’ve never bothered with jbridge; that’s a potential workaround, but 32-bit Cubase works just fine.

On a side note, even 32-bit Cubase wouldn’t work with that plugin until I launched it in standalone successfully at least once; the registration UI didn’t seem to work right during Cubase’s plugin startup scan.

Hi:
Did you try updating Analog Factory itself? Arturia has an updates section:
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/downloads/updates.html and scroll down to Analog Factory Update.

Check your version number first, then check it against the available updates.

I had a “blank window” problem once with a standalone Arturia synthesizer, and updating the synth fixed it.

It appears that Arturia doesn’t have a 64-bit version of Analog Factory yet. But they do have 64-bit versions of the “larger” synths. I think they’ve knocked the prices down to $99 per instrument for download-only, and $129 per instrument for the boxed instrument. (It might be worth your hair to order or walk into a brick-and-mortar store and get a boxed version!) So if you’ve found that you only use certain sounds in Analog Factory, maybe it’s time to consider investing in the other Arturia synths instead.

As for the starup scan issue, the same thing happens to me after switching from 32 to 64 bit and back. I just click OK and there doesn’t seem to be any further problems. :wink:

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Actually I just did that. Wasn’t doing it to solve the problem just trying to update everything. Unfortunately it did not solve the problem. Thank you for the suggestion though.