Cubase 6 crashing and audio dropping out continuously

Hi there,

I am having severe frustrations at the moment as Cubase 6 crashes every time I’m writing tunes. It has started doing it more frequently like every 20 mins now whereas before it would only freeze if I closed a project (most of the time).

I’m on a brand new macbook pro with 4gb Ram. Saffire pro 24 soundcard is the interface.

Can anyone tell me that “free mb” in activity monitor is what’s left to play with- mine is currently idling at 67mb. (sorry new to mac so not familiar with it yet).

Thanks in advance.

If you’re not used to the new mac it may help you to change your signature specs.

Done thanks for reminding me :wink:

To be more specific, the audio drops out and then cubase freezes (says not responding in activity meter) when I try to close the project. It’s happening so frequently now it’s making life very difficult for me.

:blush:

I’ve installed the latest update and the problem still persists.

Can anyone help me please?

considering I’ve tried cubase on both mac and pc on very good systems I’m not convinced that cubase 6 just doesn’t work that well. I never had so many problems when using using earlier versions such as sx3, I guess there’s more to go wrong now but crashing every time I write tunes surely can’t be right…?

Could there be any plugins that are causing the crash? The only other vsts I’ve got running other than waves and komplete 8 are fabfilter volcano, camelphat and camelspace… The project I’m working on is large (80ish channels) but this machine should be able to cope with that…

but crashing every time I write tunes surely can’t be right…?

The project I’m working on is large (80ish channels) but this machine should be able to cope with that…

So which is it…is Cubase crashing on all projects or just on your heavy 80ish track project??

My guess is you are running out of Ram…maybe you should find out how to check your ram useage.
I’m on windows so can’t help you there…but if the 67Mb you mention is all that’s remaining then it’s no great surprise you are having problems.

If you want to mix heavy projects with samplers, sysnths, effects and 80 tracks then you need plenty of everything…and may still need to freeze or render intermediate mixdowns of groups of tracks.