Cubase 6 driving me crazy!!

Hey all, im sure this is a common issue but i have tried searching the net for 2 days now and can’t find anything specific to what i am looking for!

Currently when i load ANY audio file into Cubase - it skips - i.e will play a bar or 2 then start jumping - it also shows up when i export - I have tried to fix this issue for over a week now but getting nowhere!

I have currently : Re-installed my m-audio drivers, making sure they are the latest osx 64 bit
Tried adjusting my buffer size from 32 upto 2054 -
Opening a new project - just putting the one 8 bar audio file into it - no plug in’s or midi tracks - just 1 audio - still skipping.

Its driving me nuts and really getting in the way of my work - Has anybody else had this problem? If so what did you do to overcome it?

I am currently running on Mac OSX 10.6.7 - i3 3.2Ghz - With an M-audio Firewire 410 Soundcard - Sample rate set to 44,100 Hz. i have not adjusted cubase 6 to work in 64 bit.

The rest of my set up is in my sig - hope you guys can help!!

Thanks, Mike.

Which firewire chipset?

ATI Radeon HD 5670 512MB GDDR3 SDRAM

Does this help? Thanks

That’s your graphics card…google how to check your firewire chipset.

Can you play back audio OK in any other software?

Make sure your locates are blue and not red (means reverse) cause that will cause it to skip bars… :wink:

My firewire is (OHCI) TI ID 823f - is this right?

Yeh i seem to be able to play it fine with itunes & mixmeister

My markers defo arnt the problem they are little skips that make the song sound awful.

Update : I seem to have fixed the problem kind of - The parts i was using was the guitar & acapella from Martin Solveigs hello that i purchased on Beatport - I purchased it as MP3. I have now also bought the .wav file and this seems to play perfect

The only issue i had is on the start of the wav file the guitar seemed a bit dubbed - it didnt kick in as it should - so i had to cut 1 bar off the mp3 and glue it to the first bar of the .wav - Surely i shouldnt have to do this all the time :open_mouth:

Aloha Mikey

Glad you got it sorted (sort of).

My comment is:
410? HA!
Get rid of it as soon as you can.

I used to love M-Audio stuff till I got the 410.
Much better things exists these days.

{‘-’]

Ha, could you recommend anything else mate?

ANYTHING by RME is worth looking at!
Bit pricier than MAudio but you gets what you pays for which is why i sold my old MAudio card and moved up to RME… never looked back! :smiley:

Cheers man - I might even use my access virus ti2 polar

I have now also bought the .wav file and this seems to play perfect
The only issue i had is on the start of the wav file the guitar seemed a bit dubbed - it didnt kick in as it should - so i had to cut 1 bar off the mp3 and glue it to the first bar of the .wav - Surely i shouldnt have to do this all the time

You can save yourself a little time and money by simply converting the .mp3 directly to .WAV or .AIF format and use that in Cubase…if the quality of the original .mp3 doesn’t bother you.

Part of the problem you’ve encountered is that an .mp3 file doesn’t respond accurately in Cubase (or pretty much any pro app) when it comes to start and end points like .WAVs and .AIFs do. If you want to hear an example of that…take an .mp3 file that can be looped and loop it in QT. It never works correctly: the “jump” point will always glitch. Same file in .WAV or .AIF format will. It’s not your audio card. It’s the file format.