Cubase 6 Educational on MAC

Hi,

I have a big issue at the moment and it’s bank holiday so I can’t get through to Steingberg support over the phone, wondering if anyone could help me here.

Scenario:

Bought Cubase 6 Educational in 2011. Installed it on my Macbook.

A week ago I wiped my macbook with the sole purpose to use it for Cubase only and have no other rubbish on it. I went to reinstall Cubase but it said it can’t install on this version of Mac (Over time my macbook has obviously updated and it is now using 10.10.5 Yosemite). I read up a bit and realised that it’s only really functionable on what I had previously which was Mavericks I think, but i’ve tried going back to that but it’s just not been possible.

What I then looked at was upgrading to Cubase 7, which although it’s not ideal for me, I need Cubase so the £200ish upgrade cost to Cubase 7 is payable. But when I look into doing that it’s taking me to Cubase 8 constantly. Also if I now have a Macbook with no previous Cubase version installed but I simply can’t, will I even be able to ‘upgrade’ technically or will it be fine that it’s been previously registered on my eliscencer or MySteinberg.

If someone could point me in the right direction as I need Cubase back. And I feel like i’ve paid hundreds for a program that I was only able to use for 3 or 4 years.