Cubase 6 freezes when loading

I’m running the latest version of Cubase (6.0.5) 64bit on Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, 64bit. PC Specs are as follows:

Core i7 2600K 3.4ghz
32GB DDR3 RAM
Asrock z68 Extreme7 Gen3 Motherboard
Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 Firewire Audio Interface using legacy drivers

I have not done anything to my computer… nothing new has been installed, deleted, or otherwise changed. I was originally a Sonar user but migrated over to Cubase and have been very happy with the decision. However, today the program seems to have just screwed up. Every time I try and execute it, the logo screen appears, it starts initializing its stuff and freezes when it says “Initializing: VSTS 2.x Plug-In Manger”. I have tried reinstalling the program, I even went in to the bios and reset everything to their default values. I can’t figure this one out for the life of me.

Is there any reason why it would be doing this? Is there any way to generate some sort of error report from the program and see where the fault is coming from? Does it have some sort of “safe mode” or “debug” mode you can enter? I’m really at a loss for what to do here and in the middle of a project. And unfortunately, Steinberg does not offer telephone support to its loyal customers in the United States.

I’ve uninstalled all programs except those that are completely necessary. I can’t reinstall Windows because I literally have 1.5TB worth of virtual instruments I’d have to reinstall and that took me like a straight week the last time I did it. And I shouldn’t have to reinstall Windows! None of my other programs behave like this.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hello,

this is problem with some plug-in here. Try to use “factory reset” (delete Cubase folder from the preferences).

Best,