Cubase 6 is amazing!

Cubase 6 is a dream. There is almost nothing I can’t do with it. And the most important thing: is STABLE!!! Absolutely reliable. :smiley:

I agree cubase 6 is amazing, just need true multi-monitor support else, musically, it’s perfect!

The feature set is only half the consideration - workflow, usability, ergonomics, and developers who listen to their customer base are really important. Cubase is definitely the leader, either way!

yeh i love it too !
i forgot to save my keyboard shortcuts… (Duh !)
so now i have to start new … but i looked into the relevant menu and found a nice surprise… the version five and standard version as well as a pro tools shortcut presets are there… and guess what that was more or less the make up of my own short cuts
so :laughing: :slight_smile: :smiley: :slight_smile:
H A P P Y …
i have loved this product for a long time …and just this little thing re- establishes why !!!

Cubase is filled with little things that just put a smile on my face. This software is truely amazing!

Years ago when I wanted to upgrade from SE3 (!) all I needed at the time was SL3, however Cubase Studio 4 had just been released so I started with that; big mistake! Nevertheless, over the years things have incrementally improved and now, with the 6-series, I feel I finally have a rock-solid, stable product which can take anything I can throw at it.

I don’t know if this improvement would have taken place without Yamaha coming on board, and I think there has certainly been some knocking together of heads regarding Steinberg’s improved responsiveness to customers demands – clearly evidenced on this forum.

Overall I think it’s great that Steinberg are being pro-active in reacting to user demand, and hopefully Cubase will avoid the decline experienced by more elite products whose developers sat back believing high price was enough to maintain a high perceived value.

Cubase has done what I need for many years, continues to do so, and adds features that challenge me to try things I’d have previously though impossible. More than any other investment, it has saved money otherwise required for hardware and saved time by offering a virtual environment far more flexible than any hardware solution and therefore increases efficiency through a streamlined workflow.

Hats off to Steinberg/Yamaha on this one … long live Cubase! :smiley:

This thread is amazing!

Forums are filled with such hate and negativity. It’s so nice to see some positivity and enthusiasm.

Carey

We save all that for the music lounge. :wink: :mrgreen:

+1

+1.

Yes, as a refuge from Sonar, I’d have to say my three favorite Cubase features over Sonar are:

1. Stability
  2. Stability
  3. and… Stability

Cubase has its glitches, but I have yet to experience any data loss or corruption (a constant problem with Sonar). So many other big features have been mentioned, but I also notice little details like–you can have nested folders in Cubase, but only one level deep in Sonar (haven’t they heard of ‘recursion’)?

What an awesome outpouring of positivity! Great to see that I’m not alone in loving this new version. As MrSoundman correctly pointed out, well as far as I’m concerned, Yamaha getting involved has made an incredible difference. It can’t be a coincidence that so many complete turnarounds have come into effect across all sorts of things (like listening to customers, licensing decent algos, making sure the product is amazing) have happened since then.

And the attached image is for you wwzeitler :slight_smile:
Recursion.jpg

Oh, don’t get me started. I could mention a bunch of little features found in Cubase and not in Sonar. One of my favorite ones (and this may be a stupid little thing, but for me it’s one of the biggest workflow enhancers) is the hand tool that’s readily available when you press and hold down the middle scroll mouse button. I can navigate my projects easily with just this little tool. Love it!

Nested folders are awesome too, and so is Vari Audio, Expression Maps, Note Expression, a gapless Audio Engine, VST3, Tempo Detection Tool, Time Warp, the Video Engine, the different Elastique Algorithms, Audio Pool, Macros, Logical Editor, Automation Scaling, Arranger Track, Tempo Track, Signature Track, Control Room, Sample Editor, etc, etc, etc. None of these things are found in Sonar, and the few that it does have are not on the same level as the ones in Cubase. I must say, the grass was indeed greener on the other side of the fence. Cubase has brought a smile back on my face. No more beta testing for me, which is what I felt I was doing all the time with Sonar.

Peace!

some very real and juicy sounds coming out of that guitar effect and amp simulator.

Group edit is a real time saver for multi source comping

Halion SE has some great patches even for acoustic emulations - way better than HAlion one. MAkes for a great sketch pad for getting ideas down fast - then replace latter with real intsruments of a full blown rompler/sampler.

Or for some just keep whats there.

My one complaint is still the really slow start up time compared to other DAWs that I use. I hope that can get fixed in the near future.

I commented on this thread before, but I thought I’d highlight some great features I am currently using that I’ve never had cause to use before.

In Pure Floyd (http://www.purefloyd.co.uk) I’m currently doing a huge amount of drum editing as we have lost our drummer and can’t find a suitable replacement, so until we do find somebody we are putting the drums on our backing/click tracks (I’m trying to avoid all the drummer jokes here! :open_mouth: :smiley: )

The tools in the MIDI editors in general and drum editor specifically are awesome and make it so easy to program in some realism once you have the hits programmed and in the right place. I’ll highlight two little features but they’ve have made a gruelling job of programming two hours worth of drums so much easier.

• The velocity Lane and the drag handles you get when selecting multiple hits in the editor hit window, which allow you to quickly set an overall volume level for a group of selected hits (whilst retaining relative differences) and the drag handle to normalise the volumes of a set of notes in a relative manner
  • The Logical Editor and the settings to randomise velocity values, I use relative randomisation between -5 and +5

Small things, but once I discovered them, they made a heck of a difference to my workflow in getting the drums fine tuned and not sounding robotic. So, I use the former once all the drum hits are programmed to get the level of the hits right for the dynamics of a particular song section, and I use the latter to add some subtle random level variances for most of the hits, which mean I only have to manually edit the hits in fills on a note by note basis (the realism or not of fills is what gives the game away, so on the old 80/20 rule, the fills are where you want to expend the most effort).

And of course the time warp tool and being able to set different tracks into linear or music time mode is getting heavily used to set a tempo map against the original song (on a linear track) and getting the MIDI hits (on a musical track) lined up.

So, A+ for these great workflow features.

Yep, been a Cubase user since the Atari days and I’m amazed how intuitive and stable it is.

+1

I went to Guitar Center and bought Cubase 6 yesterday after trying the demo. Fortunately I had an eLicenser because I own reFX Nexus2 so it was easy to try out Cubase. I was sold in the first hour of using it!

One thing that I noticed is how fast and snappy the application is on Mac. Pro Tools feels slow and bloated compared to Cubase. I could never get the “comfort zone” feeling with Logic which is why I stuck with Pro Tools for so long. After watching a few of Future Music’s “In the Studio With…” series on You Tube and after Manuel from Vengeance mentioned why he likes Cubase so much, I decided to give it shot. I’m certainly glad I did. :sunglasses:

True! :smiley: