Cubase 6 key commands not working correctly

In C5 the key command for ‘Transport - StartStop Preview’ worked for previewing audio files in the pool / library.

In C6 it is not working… please can we have it back!

Hello,

no problem here. I have assigned a key command for it and it worked. Tested system: Win 7 64-bit Cubase 6 32 & 64-bit

Cheers,

Chris

I’ve just tried again, mapping ‘Transport - StartStop Preview’ to a key. Then goto the pool and highlight an audio file and press the key command for StartStop Preview, it does not preview the file…

Chris, if you are saying that it works fine in your version of C6 then there is something wrong with mine… Is there a possibility that something to do with key commands are corrupt? I have ‘cleared all’ in key commands Presets, then tried again to map StartStop Preview, but still no joy, the key command is not triggering the preview of an audio file in the pool

just to note, I’ve just done a test and the key command does toggle preview when in the sample editor, but not in when in the Pool…

Hello, i have checked this with two different systems. I’m currently typing with a mobile phone, but thrashing prefferences could help.

Cheers,

Chris

which preferences should i trash?

There is a preference:
In Cubase go to:
File–> Preferences → Transport → “Playback Toggle triggers Local Preview”

Change the settings there.

thanks…

with that preference the space bar by default will toggle local preview when in the pool has focus(and thus not global transport)…

But what if you need another key to toggle preview so you can still use space bar for start stop of global transport…

This function as changed in C6, in C5 it worked fine, its a bug that it doesn’t work in C6. Why would they change it so that the key command would trigger local preview in the sample editor but not in the pool? In C5 its the pool & the sample editor (i.e. where both preview buttons exist)

Its been part of my workflow for processing thousands&thousands of files, with this bug I can no longer use Cubase…

But if you have the preference “Playback Toggle triggers Local Preview” checked, spacebar will trigger the preview in the pool and editors. I can’t confirm the behavior you describe.
By the way, search and continue search for “preview” in the key commands. You will find all commands that are related to preview. For instance there is a command called “StartStop preview” in the transport section. This command is dedicated to triggering the preview in the pool and sample editor. You still have to assign it to a key or key combination. Maybe you will find other preview commands interesting as well. There are a lot if possibilities if you consider that you can create your own commands with the macro function as well.

Gr,
JHP

Thanks for your reply… however it doesn’t answer the problem

Maybe I didn’t explain it clearly…

the key command ‘Preview - StartStop’ does not preview in the pool when ‘playback toggles local preview’ is unchecked…

In C5 it did and it should in C6 as preview in the pool is just as much a ‘preview’ as it is in the sample editor…

Thanks again for your assistance, I have taken it up with Steinberg Support… hopefully it will be addressed in an update

The key command “StartStop preview”, i was not writing about “'Preview - StartStop”, does preview in the pool when ‘playback toggles local preview’ is unchecked. If this is not the case on your system you should see if reseting cubase by trashing the prefs will help. If your not sure how to reset Cubase just ask us.

There is no problem. All the functionality you have been missing and asking for is actually there. Perhaps there was a misunderstanding.

Gr,
JHP

still not working…

trashed preferences, still the same…

Not to confuse anything (because in an earlier post I wrote it wrong) the key command is in the Transport folder and is called ‘StartStop Preview’…

In my version of Cubase 6, checked it in 32bit and 64bit, a key mapped to this command does not activate preview in the pool…

And in my version of Cubase 5, check in 32bit and 64bit, a key mapped to this command DOES activate preview in the pool…

any update?