Cubase 6 random crashes (solved)

I’m not sure if this is the best place to post this or if there is a better forum. Maybe someone can recommend a good spot?

I’m getting random crashes pretty frequent now. It’s been ongoing for over a year but it’s become more frequent lately (maybe 2 or 3 times a day depending on useage). There is no BSOD, no particular pattern or activity that sets it off other than it only happens when I’m using Cubase. I’m pretty handy and experienced with a PC so most of the obvious stuff I’ve already tried. I’ve tried swapping hardware to different pcie locations, i’ve disabled various software/hardware items in the bios and in windows. I’ve performed all the basic DAW tweaks…etc…When it locks up I get a very obnoxious noise and I’m forced to manually restart the PC. I get the same kinda crash regardless of what interface I use (tested it with an SSL madi card and a Lynxtwo card, I also got the same crash when I was using 32bit Cubase). Got a fresh install of WIndows 7 64bit, fresh install of Cubase 6.0.7 as well as UAD 6.5.2 software. All bios and system drivers are up to date. System specs are listed below. Thanks for any future help!

Asus P7P55D-E LX mobo w Intel i5 760 quad core 1156 socket
Windows 7 64bit
Cubase 6.0.7 64bit
SSL Madiextreme PCIe card w Alphalink converters
Universal Audio UAD-2 quad and solo card

What brand of RAM do you have installed, and how much do you have?

Quite some time ago, I built a PC and tried to install Windows XP. I was getting random DVD read errors when installing. At first I thought it was the DVD player, but it ended up being a bad RAM stick.

To find it, I had to remove RAM sticks one at a time until the error disappeared.

I hope this helps.

:Miki

I believe it’s Patriot G series Sector 5 DDR3 (4 sticks of 2 GB)

I did run a memory test today and everything checked out normal

swapped the video card last week and the crashes stopped completely. Haven’t had a crash since.