Cubase 6 rewire with Reason 6

Ok, I cant not get this to work. I did not realize the whole 64bit rewire issue until coming to this forum. So here is what I did.

installed cubase 6 64
installed reason (not knowing it was 64bit)
tried launching with rewire, no luck, spent lots of time frustrated
installed cubase 6 32bit
installed reason 6 32bit
still wont launch in rewire mode

what the heck do i do??

Ok, just spent another hour uninstalling everything then re-installing cubase 6 32bit and reason 6 32bit. Still cant launch in rewire mode. Crazy!

bump… can anyone fill me in?

So any success stories with cubase 6 64 bit and reason 6 rewired with it?Its the only reason im using Q 32bit still cause i have collected sexy amount of refilles that only open in reason.cheeros!

Well the only way I got it to work was CB6.04 32bit/ Reason 6.01 32bit on Mac OS 10.7.2. Good news though, it will be working soon on PC 64 bit.

Ok, so I’m on win7 64bit, and i have both cubase 6 and reason 6 installed as 32bit. but i can not get rewire to work!

If a fix is coming that will make it work, will it only work then with 64bit? Because I just bought Waves bundle not knowing that they didn’t support 64bit! If this is the case I would not be able to run cubase & reason with rewire and then use my waves plugins?

go grief, i just spent alot of money to go backwards!!!

Is this the equation that is coming?
Win 7 64 + Cubase 64 + Reason 64 = rewire but no waves plugins
Win 7 64 + Cubase 32 + Reason 32 = no rewire but can use waves plugins

I need this equation to come true
Win 7 64 + Cubase 32 + Reason 32 = Rewire and Waves plugins work!!

[quote=“drooh”]Ok, so I’m on win7 64bit, and i have both cubase 6 and reason 6 installed as 32bit. but i can not get rewire to work!

It does work…just not on your system :wink: check you have a little file called Rewire.dll in your C:(x86) Windows/system32 folder…if you have more than one of them…delete the one that is oldest.

Check you have also a rewire.dll version in your cubase 32 app folder.

QuoteNo2. Is this the equation that is coming?
Win 7 64 + Cubase 64 + Reason 64 = rewire but no waves plugins…+ YES…in about 3-4 months or so, in a future C6 update…

With regards to " Will Waves ever be 64bit?" …the internet search giant called google will fill you in there…or you can phone your local Mossad agent, cos He’ll know more about it. …its a dark place, where I aint going . :laughing:

btw I dont own Reason 6…but it doesnt actually come witha 32bit installer as such, afaik you have to tell the program which mode 64/32 bit ) you want it to run in when launching…

launch C6 32bit…go to devices panel & check that you can see their is an option for Reason rewire??? if so .then boot reason in its 32bit mode…

just get everything tickety boo with your system 32 bit, then wait a couple of months for the C6 update featuring 64bit rewire…as for the waves issue…sell the plugs NOW :wink:

If you can’t get your 32 bit cubase and reason 6 to rewire on your 64 bit system try installing and running reason 5 32bit as well as reason 6 I’ve tried it on 3 machines that wouldn’t accept reason 6 rewire and it’s worked on all of them but I can’t guarantee it. It’s not perfect but it works.

thanks Discoworx

here is what i did to get it working

make a copy of ReWire.dll file located here
computer -> C: -> program files (x86) -> common files -> propellerhead software -> rewire

and place here
computer -> C: -> program files (x86) -> steinberg -> cubase6

then remove ReWire.dll file here
computer -> C: -> program files -> common files -> propellerhead software -> rewire

Thank you so much it worked!! I was on this for hours!!!

So did I. Downloading a rewire.dll from the props website did the trick for me.