Cubase 6 Score has time signature in every bar

Hi, I am new to Cubase. Am trying to create printed vocal parts from MIDI tracks. I was doing this in Musescore before, but seemed like Cubase would be more powerful, especially with the display quantize. So I have purchased Cubase and am learning to use it. Typically, with any complex software there are things that puzzle a new user, and I am finding plenty of those. I am trying to create vocal parts for a simple duet, that I recorded from a MIDI keyboard, but am seeing a 4/4 time signature in every bar. I can select those and delete them (I get a ‘Delete Event?’ warning) but I obviously should not have to go to every bar and do that, there is something I am not getting about the interface. I did read through the scoring section of the Operation Manual. Any pointers welcome!
Thanks
Geoff

Hi,

Check you arrange (main) window. Do you have Signature track here? If yes, check, signature markers. If you have signature marker in every single bar, just delete them.

Score Editor displayes these signature markers.

Not sure how you managed to end up with a time signature in every bar. (unless you had done a “global copy” of one bar which contained a signature. Are they all the same?).
Anyways, if you want to delete them from within the Score Editor, just Alt-double-click on the first one (it will select all events of same type) and hit Delete.

I had a simple MIDI drum part, created using the Arranger, which was one bar repeated over and over. That was not included in the score but evidently the time signature came from there. Deleting the Arranger track and the Drum track did not change the appearance of the Score – is there a way to reinitialize the Score so as to make a clean start? Alt-double click on a time signature opens an Edit Time Signature window, does not select all similar.

Thanks
Geoff

Oops… sorry! I meant Shift-double click.