Cubase 6 screen size issue

Hello everyone,

This issue is sending me up the wall. I open C6.5 and then the blank project page. The initial page fills the screen fine. The project page opens in a maximized form shooting off beyond the right hand side of the monitor. I drag the screen back to reach the little icons top right. I reduce the screen and hey presto it minimizes to fit the screen. I press F11 (VST Instrument rack) and/or F3 (Mixer page) and the screen reverts to its old tricks of maximizing again when I start the process all over to get it to fit. I’ve tried clicking the path from the top of the screen Window>Workplaces>Lock Active Workspace but it is ineffective. Is there a solution?

Sorry if this issue should turn out to be an old chestnut in this forum but it is really frustrating.

Regards,
Patrick

Hello,

I’m replying to my own post in case it might help anyone casually browsing. The problem is the reverse of minimizing and dragging the minimized screen to fit. It’s a maximized screen. I’ve solved it–at least for me anyway. I’ve dragged the maximized project page to get at both left/right edges and then manually with the mouse going up/down/left/right to get it all to fit in the screen-----and there it sits forever ! Famous last words ?

Regards,
Patrick

Yep, that’s what most of us do: never maximize the project page in the main Cubase window, just size it to the maximum size within.

Seems crazy it won’t let you lock it though…