Cubase 6 script name help

I have a bunch of MIDI gear I’ve setup using MIDI Device Manager, when I select Open Device patch names show up when I select Patch Banks.

Namely if I can get my Kurzweil K2600 working then other MIDI hardware will follow.

In Cubase I see no where that I can select the patches in my K2600, when I go to Project and add a MIDI track, assign Ins/Outs, I only see Bank select as a number and program 0-127 BUT no names to select from my synth

At the top there is a box called No Track Preset

After spending all day trying to get the scripts to show up in MIDI Device Manager, I read advice here in the forum:

Windows (place scripts here)
C:\Users<yourusername>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 6_64\Scripts\Patchnames\inactive\kurzweil

that helped with installing devices yet I get no result when using Cubase “Inspector”

I had the same issue using c6 the xml or text files would be installed correctly in the device manager but sometimes they just wouldn’t show up or I would save a project and it would loose the device map which was a right PITA .
I take it you imported you map in the device manager ?

Yes, I used Import Setup and pointed to .txt files. I also tried using Steinberg’s Script Maker but that didn’t work either.

Anyone know a work around? Upgrade to CB7?

still not fixed in c7 which is a pain , have you tried the steps , some scripts show up and some don’t

I finally got my patch names working:
Open Midi Device Manager, Install Device
assign Output
Open Device, under Device select Patch Banks
close
Project, add midi track
For Midi channel don’t use “Any”, select 1 for example.
Bingo patch names appear for those Midi devices installed.

These patch scripts reside in hidden folder,
C:) Users > name > AppData > Roaming > Steinberg > Cubase 7_64 > Scripts > Patchnames > Inactive