Cubase 6 to Cubase 6.5

Hi Guys, just wondering how I would go about upgrading Cubase 6 to Cubase 6.5? Fancy getting the 6.5 to 7 or 6.5 to 7.5 upgrade in the future.

Cheers

You will have to find it from a third party vendor that still has some old stock. Alternatively, you could upgrade to C8 and just USE any older version you wish.

Can’t seem to find a vendor anywhere. Can you upgrade to 8 from 6? You say I can use any older version I wish if I upgrade to 8…does that mean Cubase 8 also installs 6.5, 7 & 7.5? I got 6 so that I could access Pro at a reduced rate. Have found C7 UD2 which upgrades 6 to 7 (well, duh!) at £165.

Edit: Just seen on Steinberg website I can upgrade to 8 Pro for £146. Less that the upgrade to 7? Go figure. Hmmm, interesting.

C8 won’t install previous versions but you can get installers from support. But, it sounds like you are just trying to save a few dollars by upgrading incrementally. My guess is that this would cost you more in the long run.
Lastly, the 6 to 7 update you mentioned should get a grace period update to 8 when activated (which is probably why it is expensive, since it is effectively a 6 to 8 update via the grace period)

Thanks Jaslan. So, just to get this right (I’m a bit slow! Lol) If I upgrade to Cubase 8, I can download installers for 7 or 7.5 via Steinberg? Would much prefer to use 7 or 7.5 as I have the Novation Impulse 25 and I have heard C8 has issues with Automap.

Cheers

Yes. If you need an older version’s installer, support can provide a link.