Cubase 6 won't start again after having closed it once

Hi all Cubase geeks! :slight_smile:

I would be very happy if you would like to help me solve a problem I am having with Cubase 6.

When I first start up Windows and launches Cubase everything works fine: Cubase starts up when I click on the shortcut. However, if I close Cubase and then tries to start Cubase up again noting happens. When I go into the task manager it says that cubase is open and is using 6 mega bytes of RAM but nothing appears on my screen.

I am only using the computer for Cubase, Open Office and Spotify. There are no other programs on the computer and it runs smooth except for this.

I am running Cubase in 64 bit and my system is:
Gigabyte H61M-D2H-USB3 motherboard
Kingston 8*4 GB RAM
Intel Core i5-2500 4x3.30GHz
Windows 7

Best wishes
Mads

How much time is there between closing Cubase and re-opening Cubase?

I’ve seen some programs do this sometimes.
Some programs take a while to close, even after the display of the program is gone.

Hello,

Try to restart your computer, and then open Cubase again. If this doesn’t help, try to trash your Cubase preferences.

Best,

Hello,

it looks an application is hangin’ in the background on your computer. Does this also happen when you close the project first before ending Cubase ?

Cheers,

Chris

However, if I close Cubase and then tries to start Cubase up again noting happens. When I go into the task manager it says that cubase is open

What does the Taskmanager say after closing Cubase (and NOT restarting it)? Is Cubase “open”? Or is there a “SYNSOPOS.exe” running?