Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 announcement

and/or

some type of ‘project manager’ that can track projects, variations from the original .cpr file and record specifics like ; total hours project worked on, % of audio, midi used and hopefully some calender integration.

that would be nice to see in the future …

I have a “M-Audio oxygen” midi controller with a loose usb connection, and it looses connectivity every now and again. In order to restore it, what I do is I go to devices menu, find my controller & untick the “active” box & tick the box back again. That makes it work for me, hope it will work for you too (although I got a feeling it may not since it’s a synth and not a keyboard)…

thanks

Why don’t you lot start new threads for all this guff instead of littering the announcement thread?

Well, I can only speak for myself in this regard.

I have been asking about this particular “feature” (the ability to open a project and have the external hardware routing appear as I had left it) for years. And I do mean years!

I have asked tech support. I have sent emails to Germany. I have started threads on this forum and the old forum.

I believe it would be an easy feature to implement, because the workaround (saving the external plugin XML file and pasting it into the app data folder prior to booting Cubase) is so simple. When you stack this feature up next to some of the no doubt seriously coding intense features that have appeared in the last few Cubase versions…well, like I said, I have to believe it wouldn’t be anything next to a total redesign of the mixer and the other new goodies, and it would make the process of mixing through hardware a good bit less annoying.

I get that my request would likely work to benefit a small subset of Cubase users, but that subset also likely shares a good bit with the subset of Cubase users working in a commercial studio environment. I really hate to see Steinberg ceding any ground to Avid in that arena…

this is why we can’t have nice things.

What? That makes no sense. I have been perfectly cordial about this.

Cordial about turning a patch thread into a FR thread?

So just to clarify, in case it was worded differently, does this mean the Mix Console bug (where you can’t view the full strip on Mix Console 1) is fixed? That’s really the only issue I’ve been having :slight_smile:

Squeaky wheel gets the grease…I have evidently not squeaked sufficiently in the past. And C7 is packed full of nice things.

Think I figured out my crashing issue. A mouse driver for a mouse I no longer had installed. :confused:

So yeah, I retract my earlier rant and apologize to all who had to suffer it.

Next time I’ll just post a question. Think I woulda learned by now

SO FAR no crashes since mouse driver uninstall

Yeah, an apparently unrelated software driver can cause a lot of problems sometimes! It is great that everything is fine to your system now.

It would be nice if Cubase was more tolerant of such unrelated driver problems. I had many crashes, and the reason was that I had both MME and DX drivers enabled on my midi devices. After I disabled half of drivers, all is fine, no more crashes. But I think Cubase should be writen in such a way not to crash in such situations.

There are DAWs that do not crash so much. And there are those who do crash a lot too. All DAWs work nicely in perfect environment, but very few work fine in most situations (Reason does, and Ableton is quite strong standing too).

I’m sure much could be done to improve stability of Cubase in not perfect environment. But I guess it will never make it in release, seems they have too many other things to do. So the only way is to set up our own system in such a way that Cubase feels good on it.

It is like buying a car, then it breaks, and dealer says “aha, you were driving above recommended 90km/h. No wonder it broke…” Similar with Cubase “aha, you didn’t uninstall the old mouse driver” or “aha, you have both MME and DX midi enabled. No, no, no, must not do that, no wonder it crashed…” Well, how in a world could one know that old mouse driver, or double midi drivers will crash it? What am I, a psychic? Cubase should be programmed in such a way to survive through such situations. Or there should be a separate utility to check for all the known things that crash Cubase, and report suggestions, like “uninstall mouse driver” or “you have double midi drivers, disable half of them”.

You assume too much. You and I have no idea what makes Cubase sensitive to certain issues. There are tremendous number of implementation details that are entirely different between the various DAWs. You can’t confuse Cubase and Reason. They simply are not comparable environments. And, I have a few friends who have given up on Ableton because of the constant crashing.

I’m not defending Cubase as much as saying your assumption is completely without basis.

Awesome! Glad to hear everything is working for you.

BTW, respects for coming back and apologizing to everyone. Not a lot of people have the cojones to admit their mistakes.

Take care!

One has to debate the difference between the computers of persons experiencing so many problems with an application vs. persons that experience very few problems with that same application.

I think that too often people has too much crap on their machines (I mean this in general, so don’t get your underwear in a twist) and over time software accumulation in a computer can easily cause problems. E.g. sometimes when software is installed and then uninstalled, things from it linger.

Not that I think the analogy with the car was very convincing, but one can draw a similar picture here too. If you never clean and perform maintenance on your car, it will eventually drive like a dirty old beat-up POS. And similarly, once you muck up the transmission, it won’t work properly without major attention. A person that drive their car as recommended, often enjoy the car for longer periods of time without interruption.

After all, a computer is a universal tool, unlike most any other tool in the past. We are just beginning to get a grip on organizing software properly and so for anyone to say that they have a “clean” machine, is pretty much always debatable.

Also, about the DAWs that don’t crash so much, that could easily be contributed as coincidental if they also cannot do as much as another one. All software has strengths and weaknesses. How many times do you get a BSOD anymore? I haven’t seen one in ages, and I mean ages. Doesn’t mean there aren’t any, but some really ought to ask the question, why do I continue to see them again and again?

I agree with Elektrobolt x100

Perhaps.

But it has to be annoying to pay $150 for an update only to discover that it will not run on your system, or has problems executing tasks that previously posed no difficulties.

Perhaps annoying yes, but a reason to give up? - no, you just have to work through it to reach stability.

Grrrr. 32 bit version still crashing. 64 bit version seems fine. Grrrrr

Is this in Cubase x64? And are you using jBridge for the 32 bit plugs?

jBridge is the only wrapper/bridge I’ve found that works relatively well. The Cubase bridge is notorious for crashing.

Edit: Oh, I see, you mean 32 bit Cubase. Scrub that?

Edit_2: Hang on. Is Cubase 32 bit trying to access your x64 plug ins?