Cubase 7.0.2 PROBLEM WITH VIDEO PLAYER

Hi all,

here is a professional film composer that is using cubase since several years.
I have never written on the forum before as I have never experienced such a big problem before.

The video player in Cubase 7.0.2 is not working properly anymore on my system: when I play a video the player doesn’t play the video normally, frame after frame, but every 2 seconds or less plays a few frames from another timecode!
So basically something like this: the video player plays second 29’ then 30’ then 31’ then 30’ then 32’.
This makes it impossible to work.

I have cubase 7.0.2 and 6.5 on the same system: If I open the same video on cubase 6.5 I don’t have any problem.
The strange thing is that I didn’t experience any problem with cubase 7.0.1: is there a way to downgrade on Mac?

I hope this is something that will be fixed soon otherwise it will be impossible for me to use cubase 7 from 7.0.2 onN…

These are my specs

Cubase 7.0.2
Mac Os X - 10.6.8
24 Core Mac Pro 2x2.66 Ghz Xeon
48 GB Ram
ATI 5770
SSD Disks

As I said I have scored several shows on this machine so I don’t think there is something wrong with my computer.

Thank you very much for your support.

Best wishes

This is a known problem, you are not the only one experiencing it. I can’t use it for the same reason.

Thank you very much dorremifasol,

this is encouraging and I hope they will fix it on 7.0.3 that is out just in 5 days…

All the best

Yea Cubase 7.0.3 the video never works. Always lagging like 2 seconds behind…(when it shows anything at all)

If I couldn’t load Cubase 7 projects in Cubase 6.5 I would be royally $*%^}ed on many occasions