Cubase 7.0.4 / Cubase Artist 7.0.4 announcement

I could be wrong but perhaps some of their developers work on new features and some work on fixes etc. I could be wrong,

I think things will calm down soon, these bigger bugs will get fixed and we will go back to a stable product for a while

You could also be right, but well… Let’s say I was expecting more UI/workflow fixes rather than this.

Sure, things will more or less calm down and C7 will sooner or later behave as most of us are expecting. Sadly, I think now that the regressions I was talking about are here to stay. That’s why I am getting embittered.

I never expected all these concerning UI/workflow when I purchased the C7 upgrade and all of them were well hidden. They removed without warning things like the ‘Appearance/Work area’ page and implemented the unavoidable white masked project cursor, as the most obvious and unexplained changes : what for ?

The confidence that I had with Steinberg just vanished at the first C7 launch, as a result…

Great news! the improvements are greatly appreciated, as well as the bug fixes of course. :slight_smile:

I hoped to see some fix related to the video performance (frame drops and so), which is still worse than in Cubase 6.5.

Good news.
And what’s this “Adding a new MIDI track with increased channel”?

Cheers

It means

It means when adding a midi track it will increment from the previous highest channel, I guess.

There was a thread about it in requests forum I think.

How strange, my Cubase does just that since ages ago.

I imagine it refers to Steinberg Forums

Thanks Steve, seems you’re right.

I personally would be happy if I can use Cubase on MBP Retina, without getting headache … - 7.0.5?

Please consider these tweaks for the next update:

Thx :slight_smile:

Thanks Helge for hard work.

1. “Maximizing or reopening the MixConsole no longer affects the width of the channels.”

Is this mean to no longer affects the height too ? On my Dell 27" 2560x1440, I’m loosing height of cells and must enlarge them ech time I open MixConsole.

1. Are plugins still hide under full screen MixConsole ?

2. Is Key Editor and others “allways on top” now ?

3. Is audio export in real time still provide +6dB output volume ?

+1

“A problem was solved that ocurred when closing Cubase.”

Please GOD let this fix the hang on exit bug.

I would love to be able to turn midi usb hardware and not have to restart Cubase to see it…just a thought for the next update.

Loving the program and support guys. In 5 months you have released more updates than Cakewalk did in a year. SoOO glad I jumped on board with you guys!

+1

Great work, this looks to be the most significant update since 7.0.2. The more rarely that crashes happen and the more fluidly the launch/exit takes place, the happier I am. So honestly there are still some obvious major stability/load time issues in 7.0.3 even aside from the regular bugs, so for the most part I expect 7.0.4 to fix alot of this mess. It’s a shame it takes like several hotfixes to get a new version up to the stability level of the predecessor. I think that PT11 was going in the right direction with alot of the emphasis being placed on the system performance improvements. I hope Steinberg will keep working in the same direction.

• A problem was solved that ocurred when closing Cubase.

This implies that other problems have not been solved???

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Great news. Let’s wait and see!

Is the plugins hiding behind the mixer issue still not being fixed???

please please please make drag & drop possible from the arrange window etc. into 3th party vsts… :frowning:

see Will it support drag & drop for Battery etc? - Cubase - Steinberg Forums