Cubase 7.0.5 Instrument Sounds Issues

Hi All,

Hopefully I’m posting this in the right place and you’ll forgive me for having almost no clue as to what I’m talking about.

We, a secondary school, are running a networked music technology suite running Cubase 7.

All seemed to be running fine, but recently we have an issue with the instrument sounds. When we add an instrument track, initially it will list all the VST plugins it can find and allows us to add one to a new track.
However, if we try to add a second track to the same project, the results the browser displays drop from 1400 (more or less) to zero. Sometimes it will show a greyed out list of sounds, sometimes the browser shows nothing.

I understand that really C7 shouldn’t be run on a network, we do use a local partition so work can be done without lag, but this is the first time we have seen this happen. All the presets are in several different (through previous recommendations) places all of which both my test student and teacher have full access to.

Have I missed something really obvious?

Thanks in advance for any help

Andrew

A quick update.
I appear to be able to force Cubase to find the plug-ins if I add the location tree to the “Add instrument track” window and force a disk rescan.

A workaround, sure, but I can’t expect higher ed. students to do that for every track they wish to add.
I’ve seen some of the work that comes out of these guys, they are massive!