Cubase 7.06. Promising!

When using Range Tools, you use it for a whole, complete section of a song, drums, midi and audio included so if it was to work in say the key editor and you only had certain tracks selected, e.g. drum mapped tracks were not selected, the functionality would need to be applied regardless of the “context” in which it is used.

Also, what other updates are you thinking about?

THIS

is offensive. I’m sorry if I offended you in any way.

Where is this option? I can’t seem to find it?
Btw, I’m talking about DUPLICATING(CTRL-D), not copying and pasting.
How can you duplicate a say basspattern(CTRL-D) not ending on the downbeat of a bar and make it start on the downbeat when duplicated in the key editor?
I’ve used Cubase since 1989. I learn something new about Cubase almost every day, but now you’re self-assured statements has made me really curious!

nonono … no offense … I’m from California, dude is like sayhing “hey man, listen …” Sorry if I offended in any way or lead you to believe I was mad or something. I am not at all. This is just a forum and just some software, nothing to get upset about here. :smiley:

Where is this option? I can’t seem to find it?
Btw, I’m talking about DUPLICATING(CTRL-D), not copying and pasting.
How can you duplicate a say basspattern(CTRL-D) not ending on the downbeat of a bar and make it start on the downbeat when duplicated in the key editor?
I’ve used Cubase since 1989. I learn something new about Cubase almost every day, but now you’re self-assured statements has made me really curious!

First, to me cut/paste is duplicate … there is not difference (EDIT: I know there is a difference, just they are minor and don’t really apply to editing MIDI very well). So, maybe that’s our mis-communication. So, set your grid to be the downbeat, copy the note set, paste at cursor, then CTRL+Shift+V … it will paste at the next grid interval.

All is well then! :smiley:
No offense taken. sorry for the misunderstanding. We want the best Cubase we can get.
It’s an important piece of software for me, so I get overly emotional about Cubase sometimes…I know, I know :blush:
I know about the copy and paste stuff, moving the cursor…this is my workaround too!
But if you are to copy 1 beat of a pattern (not ending on the downbeat)over a whole verse,
duplicating is quicker for me. I use the range tool a LOT in the project window to duplicate a beat or a bar of anything. Would be nice to be able to do this in the editors as well.

I think you are missing the last step. If you place the cursor at the downbeat and start the note selection there and use the CTRL+SHIFT+V you don’t have to move the cursor. It will just paste at the next interval.

Just to make sure we are talking English together, here is a very quick demo … no moving cursor. There are many variations of this to get relative paste position etc… This is real time, no speed up or anything like that.

That method only copies notes on a selected track, not parts in the tracklist for the currently selected area.

It is a wholly different method.

What I am asking for in addition to the original request is for range tools to function from within the key editor page for MIDI projects but for mixed midi/audio projects this may require additional programming, as would likely be the case for accessing of the said function via a drum map page.

Ah, you want to include MIDI events in the project window in the selection by the existing range tool. In all the time I read this request, I never once got that part out of it.

The OP original request was to have markers available in the Key Editor, this I support, as I do time signature and potentially tempo but to my mind it would make little sense unless what i consider fundamental; range tools are available as well or prior to implementation of any further additions to midi editors.

I figure even if range tools were included, the function would probably be equally desirable in drum edit pages (on that point I suspect Score would be important.

The point I am making is, range tools as a function would be very useful for midi as they can work on bar sections to very usefully insert silence, not so much copying but also deleting passages of a song.

The Range Selection tool OTOH is as you have gathered not what I was talking about, so my apologies for any confusion.

Well, he tends to be rather verbose and nebulous…‘artguy’, that is :wink: .

Mauri.

Yeah I can’t even follow his explanation of his explanation. It makes no sense.

Art by definition is not supposed to “make sense” but rather appeal to the senses, of which Cubase plainly does. :slight_smile:

“Art”, FFS :wink: .

Mauri