Cubase 7.06 Win and Autohotkey

Hi All

A couple of the guys on the Forum suggested AutoHotKeys for windows as a way of combating the Mixer Focus issues. So I downloaded it and started messing with it and got it to work on (what I’m sure is) a fairly basic level. I decided to use the Windows key (as that is not available to Cubase itself) and using simple key presses can at the moment get the mixer to open up Sends, EQ’s, Inserts, Strip and Cue Sends even if I’m focused on the Project Page. It does seem to work nicely although what I haven’t done yet(or even tried for that matter) is to get it to return the focus to the project window. That’ll be the next thing, will keep at it!

Best Regards

Dave

Hi Rhino

Thanks for the words, |actually did make a few macros to deal with the focus issues but they involved saving mixer configs which is no problem for new projects as those are saved with the templates but for older projects those mixer configs are absent. wish there was a way of saving those externally somehow :confused: I see that’s a favourite bugbear of yours too :slight_smile: I also used Logic up till 5.5.1 and the Apple takeover, nuff said about that. I personally really enjoy C7 over the previous versions as I never liked the old mixer. I like to see everything at once which I couldn’t get right with the old versions(probably something I was doing wrong) As far as the workspaces is concerned I 100% agree, (remember Logics workspaces, staggeringly good!)i find it a convoluted way of doing it, though over time I have got my Global workspaces sorted and can import them into old projects if I need to. I like your metaphor for the mixer config buttons btw, put a smile on my dial!!! I will however keep on messing with the hotkey thing, just making adjustments slowly as I go, don’t have time to spend 50 hours doin it, like you said (ünpaid!!)

Cheers

Dave

Hi

Just to say - I programmed my MC Control right after installing C7 last December - already mentioned, that the handling with the mouse pointer in the MC area will be a pain. Works like a charm :wink:

As a hint - there are other midi controller (for those who are disagreeing with AVID artist series) which are capable to handle short-cuts. No need to use other software to control this software :unamused:

Cheers