Cubase 7.5.1 Vs Logic X Pro Test on Mac

For me, I use it because I have to for work. Otherwise I’d delete the program. :imp: No temptation to use it for personal purposes whatesoever. N-O-N-E.

And I, too, have to disagree with the other poster. For me, Cubase is stable for the most part. I don’t have long save times. And the crashing isn’t too frequent. What I do work around the crashing is set my autosave to every minute - that way I can’t lose too much work.

When i use Logic Pro X, in the end, i always want to return to Cubase 7.5 …
I guess i have fallen in love more with Cubase then with Logic Pro X.
When i am working in Cubase it just makes me more happy.

Actually, I’m just finishing up my first feature length film score, and Cubase 7 never had a single crash…seriously. I was a little worried at first, as it’s my first major project with it and the deadlines were tight. Thanks Steinberg!!

The only annoyance I can think of is that when I open a project, the main project window always opens on the opposite monitor (I think its a Mac setting somewhere, not a Cubase issue).

My test is along with 170 tracks around Orchestral splits, multiple libraries with Kontakt, and of course some bridged plugs like IK, but a very strange thing is everything works incredible stable under OSX 10.8 with Cubase 6.5.5 in 64bit mode not with Cubase 7.5.1. I really don’t understand why, should be almost the same app right? With more features right? Working with audio I love Cubase more than Logic but if I should work trilled by crash I don’t know. I know some people here will be surprised why I should use 170 tracks, just think layering orchestral libraries and multiple rhythms sections, vocals, choirs, pads, synths, and ffx like cymbals, crashes, and etc. It’s a very intensive Cubase use. I’m very happy with 6.5 i think to stay in there, no reason to move to 7.5. for now.
Logic X is very stable and impressive in presets saving mixer, and channels, score is amazing more than cubase sorry, quantising and rest note calculation is great, workspace is easy to understand but there are some bugs very strange to solve. As I can see there is not a professional DAW stable and bugs less on the market at now. All this let me feel like a beta tester more than a musician.