Cubase 7.5.30 . Fantastic! FOR THE PRO'S!

You are welcome my friend! :wink:

got 2 SSDā€™s and is working 100 %

very happy chappy now :slight_smile:

Not working hereā€¦still problems with 7.5.3ā€¦huge performance issues. I really thought this would be sorted by now.

Did you Raid the 2 SSDā€™s ?

nope

Iā€™m working on a new project and was seriously considering 24 bit/96 kHz. Reason is for the MFIT (Mastered For iTunes) which I started to notice on a few recordings in the iTunes store. Some engineers started to work specifically with the MFIT in mind. But once again looks like there are no real benefit to MFIT. Only a few selected Mastering engineers have been approved by apple so far. The reason Apple is doing this is to improve the sound quality but most pro recordings sound just as good if not better it all depends on the sound engineerā€™s talent. Some say to record at 24/48khz and export/master at 24/96khz to save space and cpu resources.

Long story short I decided to stick to 24bit/48 kHz for many reasons. From what Iā€™ve been reading on the internet there are no real benefits to record at this high sample rate.

As per Jeff Barnett Sr. Sales Engineer at Sweetwater USA.

ā€œThe one (and only) really good argument for high sample rate recording I have heard in the 9 or so years this debate has been going on came from a biologist who was recording sounds made by insects in flight in the 30-50 kHz range, then slowing the recordings down to make them audible to human researchersā€

I was comparing my last recordings which were recorded at 24/48 khz to similar music in the iTunes store and honestly I was very happy with the result.

Also my my last session in a pro studio working with a Funky Rock Band we recorded at 24 bit/48 khz the studio gear was a Mac Pro SSL and Protools which sounded great.

So I guess unless I start recording insects Iā€™ll stick to 24 bit/48 khz for now.

As for Cubaseā€™s performance itā€™s clear that version 6.5.5 is so far the best performing version. Because it can handle over 100 vst with no issues. 7.5.30 can handle hundreds of audio tracks but fewer vst tracks.

Still Iā€™m very happy with Cubase 7.5.30 but some performance improvements would be welcomed. Cheers :smiley: