Cubase 7.5.30 - "NOT" ROCK SOLID > 88.2/32 [ SOLVED ]

Yes same for me. I record exclusively at 88.2KHz/32-bit. But it only sounds like dropouts, my ASIO utility does not report any dropouts and my CPU utilization is only at 18-20% when Cubase exhibits this issue. When i removed 3 of my Waves plugins, the average performance load meter was at 10% and the audio was STILL sputtering! I wonder if those not having issues are recording at 441.1 or 48KHz which would require less resources and thus the problem wouldn’t present itself. I wouldn’t be surprised as more people upgrade, more people come forward with this problem. I know it’s nothing I changed in my environment or anything I’ve done wrong :slight_smile:

This may help: Q. Why is 88.2kHz the best sample rate for recording?

Generally solid for me, but today I had some unusual phasing in the high cymbal frequency range… It was only a single stereo track that I was mastering. Couldn’t pin down exactly what was happening but I rebooted, restarted and it has not re-appeared. Let’s hope it’s not a problem with UAD plugins as that was one thing which was fixed I think.

Mike.

TRASH YOUR PREFS if having problems with 7.5.30. Test in safe mode first! I fixed my issues by doing so.

This may help people too.

Actually my problem wasn’t resolved and the only reason why I thought trashing my prefs corrected the issue is because I realized a day later that I forgot to configure Cubase to send MIDI Timecode to my Tascam board. Once MTC was sending again, the perfomance issues returned immediately (average load perfomance hits red from nominal readings and causes pops and stuttering of audio). However, now I know exactly what is triggering the issue in.30 and hopefully Steinberg can track down what MIDI changes they made to cause this issue. I suspect it has something to do with the MIDI chaser fix they listed in their .30 release announcement.

got more SSD’s and is working now 100 %

That’s great news that you have stability now however it still doesn’t explain why so many of us don’t have issues with 88.2 or higher without investing in SSD.

I have issues…all over the place…even at 44.1 and my entire machine has nothing but ssd. I highly suggest them…nice improvements across the board. However, they don’t fix cubase for me.

i think that’s a temporary state, you’re likely to start crashing; the ssd’s should not affect stability, just speed (and potentially dropouts in extreme scenarios due to read demands).

It is very important, if you’re getting continuous trouble with Cubase to go thru your system with a fine tooth comb to see what’s causing your trouble.
Cubase should, and does, run on many thousands of medium spec computers. It can take a lot of setting up depending on what else you use the computer for or what has been put on the computer by the builder.
From what I can gather the most reliable systems are built by the user or someone the user knows who knows what to leave undone and uninstalled.
The more complex your setup and the more VSTs the more work has to go into getting the setup right.
ie: Each VST added must be benchtested for a few days to see if nothing untoward happens.
The more VSTs or features that are slapped in because they’re “cool” means the user must take more care to check every aspect of the setup that he can think of. They’re only cool when they all work together.
Do not put too much credence on the “it must be Cubase because it doesn’t happen in xxxxxx program/s.”. It might look like that but if you look around at others’ computer setups similar to one’s own that work then you have to ask yourself “What have I missed?” or “What have I done?” If you come up stumped then you need to ask on forums or phone a friend.
I see a lot of similar and very good setups quoted here, similar to my own (which just blew up recently btw needing a rebuild) :laughing: . Most work and some do not. It might pay those with problems to PM a couple of those whose systems are problem free and see if they can give each other more detailed specs and get deeper into the problem than you can in a general discussion area like this where we just brush the surface.