Cubase 7.5.30

what a fantastic tool - mine.

MY Cubase!

Where was this said?

[quote="mozizo"]

VST INSTRUMENTS: The instrument name no longer changes automatically when the track name is changed.

its still changes here, is there a preference to avoid this ?
[/quote]

am i missing here something ? don’t know what has changed. renaming the track instrument changes the instrument name too !

Hmmm…

The News section in the Steinberg Hub makes no mention of v7.5.30. However it does state that the v7.5.20 is available. Well, I guess that late news are better than none. Perhaps this will be “fixed” in v8. New news. Wow!! :wink: :wink: :smiley: :laughing:

When loading the updated groove agent SE 2 my system went completely gaga and the plugin said it couldn’t find a lot of the vstsounds. A complete rescan of the repository (mediabay) solved the issue so far.

For the rest everything looks ok at first sight.

kind regards,
R.

I’ve mentioned before they should actually rename this section of the HUB to “Old News”
I Really don’t understand this delay and find it highlights that the software has issues right from the get go.
Many programs check for updates upon program start and inform the user when found. Cubase doesn’t bother to inform users via the Hub (i.e. program start) 'til weeks after the fact!
Sometimes we’re just too busy to always be checking the forum or the Homepage, and could rely on the hub for such info when Cubase is fired up - BUT NOOOOO!
OK, got that out of my system again
(Ich reggae mich nid uf :slight_smile: )

No, summer vacation in Germany - takes 2 months :laughing:

Ok, I fixed the problem…I use 7.5 “repair” then tried to install 7.5.20 but all was installed, then installed 7.5.30 with success!

Thanks anyway…!"

Can anyone help to explain the following:

PLUG-INS: Certain problems with compatibility of UAD-plug-ins have been solved.

What is meant by “Certain Problems”?

I ask because I use a lot of UAD plug-ins and have never had any direct problems with UAD plug-ins in Cubase. But, in resent weeks I’ve sometimes been greeted with the “Cubase as stopped working” screen when attempting to reload a heavy project. If I then closed Cubase and reloaded the project it would open but I would get no audio. The meters would dance but no sound.

If I then turned everything off from the mains and started over my project would load as normal, which was still worrying because I didn’t know why this was happening. However, just today after updating to .30 all my recent projects have loaded first time without issue… so far!

So, whilst I hadn’t considered that UAD had been the source of this odd fault, logic tells me that it could very well have come under “Certain Problems”…

I guess time will tell but I’m interested to know what “Certain Problems” others have noticed with UAD plug-ins and have they now been resolved in .30?

Cheers

SMH! People complain when Steinberg doesn’t test enough and then go on a rampage about how us paying customers are beta testing for them…then when Steinberg does take their time to make sure there aren’t any issues, the same people complain how long it took to release. Make up your minds already (unless the quoted above was said with sarcasm, which in that case disregard my response! :smiley: )

Well, it wasn’t sarcasm. I just check these dates when new versions come out and they’ve never seemed to take that long. But it was only an observation… that’s all.

On a related note, this version is the first that I’ve ever had lock up so hard that I had to end the task in Task Manager. Then the program wouldn’t launch again, no matter what processes I killed. I ended up having to restart the computer to continue working.

So maybe they sat on it too long and overcooked it. Again, just an observation, this time with a little sarcasm.

Definitely not sarcasm…
As I mentioned many times before, I have 40 years in the aerospace industry where software updates for minor corrections were issued, if need be, within 24 hours of a customer reporting the issue. So I know it can be done.

Now, does Steinberg need to issue software maintenance releases on a daily basis… of course not. But, they should be able to do it with no problem if they really wanted to provide “world class customer service”. Regardless, April to September for a maintenance release… that’s a long time. Especially for what they fixed.

Regards :sunglasses:

I am very aware of the Aerospace industry as well. You can’t compare the time to resolve requirements of the Aerospace industry to the music software industry. The Aerospace industry must have adequate number of resources to handle those critical demands. There were no show stoppers in this fix list that I can see and evidence of that is in the lack of hysteria in the forum since the last maintenance release. I think you should look at other DAW software companies and compare their patch release frequency and application stability to Steinberg’s and keep things apples to apples. You can always buy another product if you think the grass is greener elsewhere

Relax man… It’s just an opinion. Isn’t that what our forum is for?

Regards :sunglasses:

Aloha guys, good discussion.

cmaffia posted:

There were no show stoppers in this fix list that I can see and evidence of that
is in the lack of hysteria in the forum since the last maintenance release.

So I take it that the .30 update is a ‘thumbs-up’ for you guys (and most users)?

TIA (thanks in advance)
{‘-’}

I haven’t tried it yet and only found out about the update indirectly. What I meant was it didn’t seem like there was any HUGE fixes in .30 on that fixed list…at least nothing that affects me like plugins hiding behind the Mixconsole which I think we all know won’t be addressed until v8.0.

Mahalo c,

Guess I’ll be holding off for a bit.

Thanks again.
{‘-’}

Same for me too. Of course I had to test the mixconsole issue to confirm, and yes…you are going to pay for that fix. :mrgreen:
For my workflow and use, there is nothing advantageous in the .30 update. But for others I’m sure they are elated. One person has already said .30 has an improved sound engine and can tell a difference between 6.5 and this version. :laughing:

Improved sound engine?

Improvements
Performance
• The performance when importing a large number of audio files has been improved.
• The reliability of the video engine has been improved (OS X only).

I don’t see where it says that above which is from the original Steinberg announcement on the 7.5.30 release.

Am missing something? There have been many upgrades in mixconsole that would improve the processing such as the channel strip compressors, gates etc that would improve sound like any plugin and would be an improvement in sound so to speak… but this is not an improved sound engine.