Cubase 7.5 and yamaha 02r ver2 as control surface

Hi All

I have cubase 7.5 installed. I would like to use my Yamaha O2r ver2 digital mixer as a control surface. I can easily select the mixer as a device from the program however there is no default setting from the midi control options within the mixer itself to get a connection to the software using the recommended ‘to host’ usb connection. The mixer has all sorts of other options available for the connection such as pro tools, general midi etc - everything except cubase ! I have tried to connect using all the available options in the midi controller section to see if by chance any of the other options would connect even in a limited way but i just get a ‘failed connection’ message. The PC picks up the mixer on the usb bus.

I have seen videos of cubase with the 02r ver2 working but I have no clue as to what the problem might be

Is there anyone on here had success with this particular pairing?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Many thanks

Regards

Steve

anyone???

I don’t use O2R but Tascam DM3200, and with that mixer I use the Mackie Control protocol to have control device functionality in Cubase. But surely Yamaha has more info on this, since Steinberg is owned by Yamaha?