Cubase 7.5 - crashing on project loading with K5

Hi all, I’ve got a very annoying issue in Cubase 7.5 and 7.5.10 Basically a number of projects that have Kontakt 5.3.0 loaded bring up the missing samples dialogue. I was expecting this as I’ve moved to a new system and have moved some samples to a new SSD drive. However when I use the browse folder option and navigate to the samples new location it seems to find them all but then promptly crashes saying ‘Cubase has stopped working’.

If I load up the project and select ‘abort loading’ in the samples missing dialogie however the project does load but the instance of kontakt that I aborted the loading has no instruments in the rack.

Anybody else had any experience of this?

I’m running win 8.1 pro 64-bit and Cubase 7.5.10 64-bit

Hi willsium,

did you started Kontakt 5 in standalone mode after moving your sample content to a new drive? All content changes to NI Komplete components require a one-time start in standalone mode so the software can make some adjustments to its database.

Additionally, you can try the batch-resave feature of Kontakt. This have solved a lot of cases for me. Pls check the Kontakt manual. btw did you obtained the latest update of Kontakt thru Service Center?

Maybe… it helps.
Cheers