Cubase 7.5 notation layout for multiple page scores

Hi folks,
I currently own 5.5, but I’m demoing 7.5 and enjoying it. I have a question with the notation though. When i create a layout with multiple staves from different parts visible (like a full score), the first page is giving me the layout I want, but when I click to the other pages, the layout is not the same. I made a short one minute video showing what I mean to be more clear. I’m hoping to figure out how to make the layout stick for multiple pages. Thanks!

Not sure about the Mac, but on PC, if you drag the staves about while holding down ALT then the movement you’ve done (with relative spacing between staves) will be used on all the following pages, not just the one you’re on. Re-spacing (slightly) the staves on the first page with ALT held down each time would get the following pages to all be spaced the same.

Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately that doesn’t help me. There is more to the layout here than just staff spacing, I’m adjusting title track location, etc. I can do this manually, but it seems like a layout should work on all pages.

Update-your reply did save a good amount of time for the staves. On a mac it is “option + command”. Is there a similar method for moving the track names on every page?

Is there a way to display the clip name instead of track name?

Other than Score Settings > Project > Spacings > Track Name (Horizontal and Vertical offset), I don’t know that there is.

AFAIK there’s no way to automatically display the part name instead of the track name (other than entering it manually in Score Settings, obviously!)

Try using the auto layout function first, with the first staff seleted, then do individual formatting.

If you haven’t already, read p. 879 regarding this.

In addition to the option suggested by djchela, you can (for each page) Shift+double click on the first staff name (to select all staff names on the page), then drag it where you wish. The other staff names on the page will move along with it.

Is there a way to display the clip name instead of track name?

If, by “clip”, you mean the MIDI Part, the problem is that, if you have several MIDI parts on a single track, their individual lengths might well result in the Part boundaries not corresponding with a new staff line.
IF you are merely referring to the MIDI Parts on several tracks in a multi-staff Layout, then, once again as djchela said, you can enter the individual name in Score Settings>Staff>Staff Names, having first gone to Score Settings>Layout>Staff Names, activating “Show Staff Names”, but de-activating “From Tracks” (which otherwise overrides the names in the Staff settings pane)

, you can (for each page) Shift+double click on the first staff name (to select all staff names on the page), then drag it where you wish.

Anyone know how to do this on a mac? I have tried various ways and once or twice it worked but I haven’t been able to repeat it…

If, by “clip”, you mean the MIDI Part, the problem is that, if you have several MIDI parts on a single track, their individual lengths might well result in the Part boundaries not corresponding with a new staff line.
IF you are merely referring to the MIDI Parts on several tracks in a multi-staff Layout, then, once again as djchela said, you can enter the individual name in Score Settings>Staff>Staff Names, having first gone to Score Settings>Layout>Staff Names, activating “Show Staff Names”, but de-activating “From Tracks” (which otherwise overrides the names in the Staff settings pane)

I may not be trying to do what I want to do in the best way…

I have a score that is 32 bars long.

There are 4 sections that are 8 bars long.

Each page has 8 bars.

I want to notate in the most efficient way possible the name of each section. So each page will have the section written at the top (left) of the score. Is there maybe a way to name the sections in an arranger track and then have those names displayed? It’d be really great way to have some automatic way that it can take from my arrangement instad of having to rewrite the text in the score.

Well I did make a bit of progress where I read in the manual about using the marker track to label sections. That worked great!

I bit the bullet and manually positioned elements in my full score.

Something I’m still confused about-when I went to just print individual parts now-I’m wanting to use the same layout over and over for all the individual parts-only the notes themselves are different in each part, but bar length and layout are identical.

Can I reuse a layout but with a different track? I thought that was sort of the idea, but it seems like the notes themselves are part of the layout? So “layouts” are not like “templates” for laying out the staff? Am I going to need to redo this for every project even if I’m using the same layout over and over?