Cubase 7.5 Trial Problem

Hi folks,

I currently own Cubase 7. I just downloaded and installed the trial of Cubase 7.5, but for some reason it installed a new Groove agent one alongside the previous one. It also overwrote the old halion sonic SE with a new updated version of one. When I unistalled Cubase 7.5, these changes did not go away. This means that I am using the newest halion sonic SE in Cubase 7.0.7. Why doesn’t the uninstaller remove the new plugins having to do with the Cubase trial when it uninstalls the trial?

I hope I’m making sense. I’m quite tired and I’ve had a long day. Trying to keep my eyes open. :slight_smile:

Thanks for any help.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Aloha R,

One approach would be to:

1-Get some sleep.
2-Save your Preference Folder.
3-Wipe all traces of Cubase (both versions) from your 'puter and then
4-Download and re-install Cubase 7.
5-Replace the new Preference Folder with the older one.

Long way around for sure but should work.

Good Luck!
{‘-’}

Thank you.

When I used the 7.5 trial, if I remember correctly, there were a couple of things that I had to go into the Control Panel and uninstall separately after the trial expired (for example, Allen Morgan Drums and HSSE2).
HTH
J.L.

I believe it “updated” halion sonic.

You should be able to just uninstall HALion Sonic SE (which is now version 2, for which you don’t have a license) and then use your install discs to reinstall HALion Sonic SE (which will be version 1 and you may need to update it to version 1.6.3). But, don’t forget to UNINSTALL any unlicensed content (such as HSSE2 Content) If that doesn’t work, you may have to start fresh as Curt mentioned.

I will admit that this is one situation that Steinberg could do a little better with in terms of allowing a “reversion” from the trial or at least warning people about the consequences of installing the trial.

HTH
J.L.