Cubase 7.5

Hi,
My realtime cpu keeps spiking in cubase 7.5(latest update installed), this only started a few days ago, I have an I5 with 16 gb mem running windows 7 64 bit, its running a delta 1010 soundcard, I only have a few vsti’s running with a few audio tracks and my system is incapable of running this at present, if i take off asio guard and multi processing it runs better, however if I switch to a completed project, with the current config it wont run, If I put on multi and asio guard it runs fine on the finished mix, The finished project has around 70 tracks all running plugs and vsti, I’ve switch to a tb3 to use as a soundcard and it runs a bit better but still the same results tbh, any ideas are really appreciated.
Regards J

Hi There

A little more info about your system would help, however, a thought!!! I recently had problems very similar and it ended up being nothing to do with Cubase at all but the CPU overheating as the cooling fan was clogged(I really didnt believe it could make as much difference as it did), I have since installed a liquid cooler and have had no problems at all since. It MAY of course be something more software orientated but it really is worth checking the above

Best Regards

Dave

Hi Dave
Thanks for the reply, my system has multiple fans on the cooling side but I’ll def look into that today. Thanks J

I cleaned out the fan with compressed air, tbh it didn’t look bad, however The system has stopped spiking as far as I can tell, I will be looking into a liquid cooler for this, Thank you for your help man, its very much appreciated.
Best wishes and thankfully yours James.

Hi Again, Sadly my system has started spiking on the real time cpu again, Ive checked the core temp of the cpu and its running at intel’s safe temp (35 degrees) I seem to think its an issue with Asio, so I updated those drivers too but no change, This is my job and not just a hobby so I had to revert back to cubase 7(my orig purchase) to get through a mountain of mounting studio jobs in the hope that it would run better and guess what, my system runs without error in Cubase 7 running the exact same project which I find very confusing lol, I’ve re installed Cubase 7.5 twice, and updated to the latest update twice now as well once in 64 bit and one in 32bit, nothing seems to cure it.

Pc Intel i5 3ghz, 16 gig ddr3 1600mhz, gigabyte z77 d3h motherboard windows 7 pro 64 bit sp1

Any help is very much appreciated

Hi James

Another thought, one of the guys on this forum (FreddieH) who seems WELL informed mentioned that some of the DAW optimization recomendations weren’t too clever. In particular the ones about Hyperthreading, and Turbo mode,They should be left ON not off as has been mentioned in the optimization info articles, just a thing worth checking. BTW. what soundcard are you using? It seems strange that 7 is fine and 7.5 is not.

Best Regards

Dave

hi Dave,
I agree its strange, I’m using an M audio delta 1010, I’ve installed the latest Asio drivers too, I thought the card could be the issue too so I switched to a tb3 on usb 3 as a sound card and the results were the same. :0(

Perhaps you could try a system restore back to a time when it worked. That got me back on my feet once after I started getting spikes very suddenly. I suspect it was some other software I installed but I can’t for the life of me work out why it caused problems at all - but the restore worked for me.

Mike.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=M218VOevMIamNrTcguAO&url=http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon&ved=0CB4QFjAA&usg=AFQjCNEsEr7Z2TymwCRhSsPuVuKeqdVv8w&sig2=eEdSWy1frZHVThxHddX5ZA

Latency Mon (link above) can be very helpful in identifying real time dropouts, very easy to try.

Some other thoughts: the Delta 1010 is very old, maybe it’s something to do with the card? Also, did you try to update to 7.5.30?

I have been having troubles as well. One thing I can say for sure…7.5.3 has MTC issues that cause major problems…especially when trying g to sync to external gear. However, even when not syncing…just having it turned on has caused me problems. I am actually running 7.5.2 because of issues. I do this for a living as well. Getting frustrated. Ran Sonar X3 the other day…it was sooo smooth. Got me to thinking about jumping ship. Boy…I never thought I’d say that.