Cubase 7. Accidentally installed 32-bit, want 64

Hello,

I had Cubase 6 64-bit installed on my MAC. I did the update to 7 but unfortunately it did the 32-bit version. How do I uninstall the 32-bit version and install the 64-bit version of Cubase 7?

Thanks!

Can’t you just install the 64-bit vers?

Doh! Nevermind…Right clicked on Cubase 7.app \Get Info\ Unchecked “Open in 32-bit mode”.

Thanks!

Why not have both just in case you’ve got a load of 32 bit plugins that wont run 64 bit or someone brings you projects from thier the 32 bit with 3 bit plugins you don’t have?

Yes it seems a simple enough process to toggle launching it in either 32 or 64 bit mode.

fyi - on Mac applications can launch in 32 or 64bit mode. There is a tick box in the Get Info (Properties) window to set which way it launches.

Steve, yer a wee late to the party… :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

Wait - you can open Cubase in different modes on a Mac? Can’t do that in W7… you sure about that? If you choose to open it in 32-bit mode, you can still load 64-bit plugs inside Cubase? Does 32-bit mode still give you all of the RAM capability?

Yep. But don’t tell anyone, it’s another of those niceties that keeps the Mac side so peaceful and free from the PC hordes. (I can’t believe I actually said that. Wow. Wait. Did I say that out loud or was I just thinking it. Pretty sure I’m just thinking it. phew!)

It is exactly equivalent to running 32 or 64bit versions in Windows, with all the attendant pros and cons.

Most things on Mac are exactly equivalent to the same thing in Windows, just more expensive :slight_smile: