Cubase 7 Artist change settings folder location

Hi,

I have recently changed the name of my windows account. Everything works fine except Cubase. It’s constantly trying to get the settings from the old path “C:/Users/OldUsername/AppData/Roaming/Steinberg/cubase7_64/” and therefore it’s always creating a folder with the old username to accomplish this. I tried searching between files and in the registry, even tried to re-install the whole software but nothing changes, it still creates the old path. What I would like to accomplish is to have it looking for the setting etc here: “C:/Users/NewUsername/AppData/Roaming/Steinberg/cubase7_64/” and actually saving them to this path. The reason I changed the username is that it had a special character in it and it meant a problem for a lot of programs. Thanks for your help!

Solved. You have to modify the registry files’ path here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders

just double-click on every file that has your old name in the path and modify it for the new one. I think only the AppData has to be changed, but it’s better to change everything anyway.