Cubase 7 + Focusrite Scarlett Solo : no signal detected

Hello everybody :slight_smile:

I’m pretty sure this kind of problem have already been seen, but I’can’t get over it and it’s driving me MAD !

Here is my problem :

I recently bought an external soundcard : Focusrite scarlett solo (1st gen) and I want to record my guitar.
I’m currently (trying to haha) use it with cubase 7 but I am not able to get cubase to detect any input signal coming from my soundcard (nothing appears on the transport bar, and yes audio activity is activated)

Guitar => Scarlett Solo => PC (USB 3.0) => Cubase

This post is my last solution and I have already did the standard stuff to do :

• Installing the correct drivers for my soundcard (the focusrite and/or asio4all)
  • My soundcard is detected by cubase, I can switch drivers (focusrite or asio4all)
  • I configurated the VST connections (mono bus etc)
  • I assignated the right bus to my recording track
  • I enabled the audio monitoring

But even with all of this, I can’t see nothing.

I know this is not a problem coming from the soundcard because my guitar signal is detected and it works fine with Reaper.
I also tried on one of my friend’s computer who uses Cubase 7 too, and it worked, he could record with it. But even if I’m doing the exact same thing we did at his place, I don’t have any signal detected on my computer.

If you guys have any tips or idea to suggest, I’ll gladly try it because for now I don’t know what to do, and I’m filled with frustration haha

Thanks in advance and thanks for reading !

Cheerz

Clem’.

Review this similar posted topic (but different audio interface). Hopefully something will assist.

My only other thoughts…
Maybe the Focusrite needs to be connected to a USB 2 port?
Will the Focusrite and driver work on your operating system?

Regards :sunglasses:

I’ll check this out ! thank you ! :slight_smile:

Well there are 2 drivers for this audio interface, one for specific to USB 3.0 and another specific to usb 2.0
I’ll try on a USB 2.0 port, maybe it’ll work haha