I’m pretty sure this kind of problem have already been seen, but I’can’t get over it and it’s driving me MAD !
Here is my problem :
I recently bought an external soundcard : Focusrite scarlett solo (1st gen) and I want to record my guitar.
I’m currently (trying to haha) use it with cubase 7 but I am not able to get cubase to detect any input signal coming from my soundcard (nothing appears on the transport bar, and yes audio activity is activated)
Guitar => Scarlett Solo => PC (USB 3.0) => Cubase
This post is my last solution and I have already did the standard stuff to do :
- Installing the correct drivers for my soundcard (the focusrite and/or asio4all)
- My soundcard is detected by cubase, I can switch drivers (focusrite or asio4all)
- I configurated the VST connections (mono bus etc)
- I assignated the right bus to my recording track
- I enabled the audio monitoring
But even with all of this, I can’t see nothing.
I know this is not a problem coming from the soundcard because my guitar signal is detected and it works fine with Reaper.
I also tried on one of my friend’s computer who uses Cubase 7 too, and it worked, he could record with it. But even if I’m doing the exact same thing we did at his place, I don’t have any signal detected on my computer.
If you guys have any tips or idea to suggest, I’ll gladly try it because for now I don’t know what to do, and I’m filled with frustration haha
Thanks in advance and thanks for reading !