Cubase 7 license on more than 3 comps

thank you thinkingcap for your opinion, I was actually thinking with the same logic hence the first post stating “dead and buried” for the first pc :wink:

It’d be nice if they drew a line between what was and wasn’t a “computer in possession”.

In the eLicenser control EULA, they say that a computer is a CPU. Does that mean my Opteron graveyard and Pentium/Celeron cereal bowl directly violate that? I’m pretty sure most of them ran Cubase at one time or another.

Would seem to me that the dongle carries a licence allowing you to operate the program - the dongle can only be plugged into one computer at a time and the program only runs in single instance so where is a violation?
On the same computer as my Cubase, I installed ProTools 10 for other users. I don’t have a dongle for PT but I was able to install it on the computer with no problem, although I could not run it to test. When my son came with his dongle he was able to run it fine. When another Eng, came he too can run it.
I should think Cubase would be the same. If an particular Engineer has licensed a particular VSTi and installs it on the studio PC, then he wants to use it in conjunction with the single installation of Cubase on the system. But it’s his VSTi so he uses his own dongle which has his own licenses including that for Cubase, another Engineer has his own dongle with his particular licenses and so on. There is only one installation of Cubase and only single installations of VSTi etc. on the system.
A user agreement may specify that you are only allowed to install a given software product on so many machines concurrently, however a license is just that - a drivers licence entitles you to drive a car - it doesn’t specify how many cars you may drive.