Cubase 7 & Mac OS compatibility

Dear friends,
It’s been a while since I posted last, but I have been running Cubase 7 on my Macbook Pro very happily for the last 5 years. My Macbook is now suggesting I update to “High Sierra”. Will my Cubase 7 still be OK if I do update?
I’m essentially a musician hence my lack of technical knowledge on this subject.
Any suggestions will be gratefully accepted.
Thank you.

You don’ t really need much “technical knowledge” you simpy have to look up the info on the Steinberg site.

A Google search for “Cubase 7 & Mac OS compatibility” will find the Steinberg page you need. That is some pretty old software, so few people would remember which MacOS it works on.

Thank you Steve,
Yes, I’m coming to the conclusion I’m going to have upgrade. I’ve got the
Platinum Waves bundle too which will need upgrading to “Hi Sierra” so I fear it maybe an expensive refurb.
How are you finding 9.5?

I hit the Windows key and type Cub. :wink: sorry, couldn’t resist.

Me personally, I’m finding it quite smooth. There will always be something that’s not perfect. Check the Cubase 9 forum…

Yes, I have Steve and in a lot of cases (Mac) users of 9.5 are having compatibility problems with “High Sierra”,
Same goes for my “Waves” bundle.
As things stand everything works OK on my current set up so I’m very tempted to conclude that “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”

Current set up is: Macbook Pro Running OSX 10.8.5 with 16GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlet 18i6, All included Steinberg synths along with a Kontact player running Heavyocity Vocalise & a Novation Bass Station.

I’ve done all that and am non the wiser!

I have, extensively but no one will give me a straight answer

Where? - I’ve had no luck.