Cubase 7 Not Installing On Mac - Incorrect Error Message

I got a new laptop (13" Macbook Pro) and tried to install Cubase 7 from the original DVD, when I got an error message saying “You need at least Mac OS 10.6.0 to install this software”. This is a bizarre error message as at that point I was running OS X 10.10.2 (Yosemite) and have since upgraded to OS X 10.11.2 (El Capitan). So I downloaded the ISO of Cubase 7 from the Steinberg site and tried installing that only to get the same error message. I have now waited through two El Capitan updates, neither of which have helped resolve my issue. I am now at a total loss as to how I can install Cubase onto my laptop, has anyone else had this problem?

Hi nad welcome,

Download Steinberg Installer Tool for Yosemite and El Capitan, please.

Thanks for the reply, however, this installer tool does not work on my macbook. I have now been without Cubase for months. This is very upsetting, does anyone know if Steinberg are even working on a solution for this issue with el Capitan?

Hi,

So, how does it look like on your system?

Btw: Cubase 7 doesn’t support Mac OS X 10.11.

So now I am up to OSX 10.11.4 and Cubase 7 is STILL not recognised by my mac! This is not good enough. I work at a university and I teach both Cubase and Nuendo, and it’s not a great advert for Steinberg when I can’t guarantee to students if they invest in a Steinberg product that it will still be usable as soon as the next OSX update comes along. Can someone even tell me if this is being worked on?