Cubase 7 Triple Screen Setup

Well you did man, everyone was disgruntled; the majorettes were soaked to the skin, complainin’ 'bout their hair being ruined - I hadn’t noticed their hair; the tuba player nearly drowned; … but oh, the image of those majorettes … talk about your wet t-shirt contest…
Thanks, made my day. :laughing:

Back to the original theme however!

I’ve got just one word - Google glasses - ok two words then.

This just might change everything … think about it. :wink:

Checked it out, but doesn’t really apply to the conversation here, where we’re talking exclusively about about 3+ monitor rigs.

Anyway, seems like the consensus so far is to place the speakers above the monitors. Hmmm. Not sure if I could deal with that, what with three decades of consistently placing my tweeters near ear level. Seems like I need to make a choice; the convenience of mixing with a third monitor versus retaining an optimized speaker listening configuration.

@Patanjali

I like the idea of a touchscreen mixer! However, in my working with the Cubase IC app, I find my fingers tend to rub and stick the glass surface when “pushing faders,” making for a distracting mixing experience.

Yes, we could just provide the URL to a specific post in that thread, but if the pictures don’t exist there, then your objection is moot.

I haven’t tried it, but something like guitar string lubricant might work if the screen is ‘polished’ with it. However, I don’t know if it would have an adverse affect on the capacitive touch layer material.

There are many issues with trying to get more touch effectiveness, some of which I mention in a post in Multi-touch support.

I prefer the tactile touch and feedback from hardware faders anyway. I think for multi-touch to work for audio, there’d have to be a fundamental shift in thinking about how we should be manipulating the audio levels (i.e.: abandoning the skeuomorphic paradigm of fader controls based on hardware mixers). What that change would be, I have no idea…

The real problem I have with touch is ‘anchoring’. We are not all like the savant, Stephen Wiltshire, who can draw details for long periods with their arms free-held.

To get any accuracy, I need to at least have my little finger as a pivot, and preferably ring finger as well, so on my right touchscreen, I have put the fiddly items I want to touch near an edge. If SB expands the scenarios that iC Pro can handle, a few small cheap Android tablets could provide a lot of convenient anchor points. However, they would have to be easily configurable to the point of being able to have specific fader groups on particular displays.

Or this…

Once they get Cubase integration up and running. :sunglasses:

SB could have Cubase doing all that on multi-touch screens all by itself, now!

But then what would you have to hope for??? :smiley:

To get done the myriad other things on my to do list!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That Raven touchscreen system looks interesting

since you can tweak the mixconsole now, I made a set up like this:

1st arrange window, 2d mixconsole 1 without master fader(only tracks) and 3d mix console 2 with only masterfader and all the metering an my RME ins and outs

Works really nice for me

I have 3 monitors as well… its great!

Although i’d love to have my 3rd monitor devoted to midi/audio editing… or eq etc.

But cubase doesnt seem to work like that. Every time i click on an audio event it pops up a new window randomly and wherever!

This is highly frustrating. I’ve voiced a desire for a dedicated editing window that toggles depending on the track. That’d be nice!

so i just mainly use my 3rd window for messeging clients, collaborators, internet window, misc, etc etc.

I always used 2 screens, but lately, working a lot with music / audio for TV i’ts a real pain to work with a video windowed (small) at one of my 2 screens. I added the 3rd one mainly for the video. I plan to replace it with a 42" LED TV at some time.

Here’s my Quad monitor setup. Right now my middle monitor is dedicated to the DM3200 LCD display and the bottom left monitor is where I drag my plugins and do my EQ changes.

What for screen resolutions are you guys using? I have a three monitor setup, all 27", but I can’t seem to find a screen resolution that I like. All three monitors are 1920x1080 native, but at that resolution, things are a bit small and hard on the eyes. To my eyes, the best setting for size and quality compromise seems to be 1680x1050. I was actually kicking around the idea of going to two 40" screens instead of three 27’s. Anyone using screens that size? Thoughts?

The way I have things set up now, I have the mix console on one screen, the edit window on another, and then the third screen I toggle between my interface control window, or anything else that I might need (VST window, additional mix console, etc.).

6 dedicated android tablets (8" +) with dedicated IC Pro “windows” docked to suit. Linked to the Hide/Unhide tabs would suffice. :wink: Addon a grown up (CC121) Centre/Channel Hardware section with QC’s. Ill be there. Ill be quicker waiting for this than Slates MTi being Windozed. :laughing:

For those who wants a big (wide) monitor for big MixConsoles… How about this one: