Cubase 7 vs Apogee Duet 2

Hi all,
After a while trying to find an answer on Apogee site and got some helpless reactions i’ve decided to drop this here may be someone has got the same issue. I am running Cubase 7.0.1 32Bit on Imac 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo. 4GB memory and OSX 10.8.2. My sound card is Apogee Duet 2 v2.5.57 en Firmwire 1.31. So everything seems updated to the latest version. At the moment i started a project everything seems fine but after a while the audio starts to skip and glitch. CPU is not even 15 %! Only one vst and some audio channels. Some people said change your sample rate. Didn’t help! I’ve NEVER NEVER had this problem with Cubase 4 and osx 10.6! I hope someone has got a tip as i really don’t want to downgrade to have my work done.
Thanks in advance
M

Try to turn off “multi processing” option from the “VST Audio System” setup.
This helped me with strange problems with Cubase 7.01/UR824/Core2Duo MacBook Pro.

This is the link to my post in the hardware section:

Thanks!! I have just done that. I will carry on working now on the project and hopefully it is solved.

Aloha M,

Even tho your Apogee Duet has the latest firnware/drivers version,
it still may not be 10.8 ready.
Try checking with the Apogee folks and see your card/drivers is 10.8 ready.
(as it was with 10.6)

They might have newer drivers/firmware for 10.8

HTH (hope this helps)
{‘-’}

Thanks bro!! Glitches has stopped and i can work now glitchy less :smiley: Really appreciated! Keep up the good work.

Curteye, Usefull tip! Outside of Cubase i am also experiencing some audio issue. Will definitely keep my eyes open for any new updates. Thanks.

Happy to help, and now i feel less alone with this strange problem. :smiley: