Cubase 7 won't finish installing

It gets near to the bitter end, and then it kicks out the HALion Sonic SE disc and asks me to insert again; on and on the cycle continues. Help!

Hi and welcome,

did you insert 2 DVD with HALion Sonic SE, please? Did it install the sound library from the HALion Sonic SE DVD?

If you don’t want to use DVD installation, and you want to install from the file, you can download complete ISO images here.

Cubase should be installed completely, at this moment. Just sound library of HALion Sonic SE would missing (if it’s not installed from the 2nd DVD).

Btw: Could you provide some information about your OS, please?

OSX 10.9.5
I deleted it entirely, to wipe clean and try again, but now it won’t even have the first (black) installation disc!

Ok, I’m downloading the ISO image from the link now.

Downloaded, opened, and now comes this happy message… “Cubase 7.pkg” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should eject the disk image."
Wow… It’s truly 1 step forward, two steps back.

Hi,

Is the File size the same, as it is declarated on the Steinberg web page, after the download?

No.
As declared on the webpage: DVD 1 · Cubase 7.0.5 (ISO Image) Mac & Windows · 5.2 GB
My download (currently in progress) says it’s 5.62

Disc two webpage says: DVD 2 · HALion Sonic SE Content (ISO Image) Mac & Windows · 3.4 GB
My download says 3.45

Hi,

Please, don’t compare it with the DVD size. Compare it with the size, which is desribed on the Download page.

The info I gave you is from the download page! I copy/pasted.

You can see there are two sets of numbers; the first line (in both sets) is as I said, from Steinberg’s page,
the second is the size of my actual download, from the SAME page.

Hi,

strange… The only one think, I would recommend to try is to download Cubase 7.0.0 Core-Installer (from the same webpage).

Yeah, I am pretty much throwing my hands up at this point.
After downloading the “complete installation” for a second time, again it won’t let me open it. Instead, it just gives me this message: “Cubase 7.pkg” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should eject the disk image."

Ok, I’ll try the core installer tomorrow. Thanks for your help.