Cubase 8.0.30 projects stuck on load/VEP Pro 5

Wondering if anyone else is having this issue? My projects will get stuck when they’re loading (ex; Loading Channel: Piano) and sit there for around 3 or 4 hours, then eventually load. I’ve narrowed it down to the Vienna Ensemble Pro 5 vst3 plug-in. Remove it, project loads. Put it back in the VST 3 folder, project stalls. Not just my latest project either, could be a few months old.

I’m using the latest VEP5 version. And of course I’m scoring a tv series so time is of the essence!


I’ve sometimes had that problem when I’ve had lots of instruments loaded and have not had the VE Pro instances “decoupled”. Try decoupling all instances in Cubase, then use “Save Metaframe” in VE Pro and save your setup as a separate file.

Are you using any EastWest Play based instruments at all? Those could (still) cause issues with VE Pro at times.

Also… Are your library disks SSD’s or regular HDD’s?

Similar issue using 8.5. I just set up my new daw computer along with VEPro & a few EW libraries.
EW stalls out about 1/2 way through, waits & eventually loads. Kontakt libraries, plugins load like lightning using 2 internal SSD’s.

Still having this issue…8.5.20 now stalls with the latest VEP Pro. When I uninstall VEP Pro, project loads no problem. Major pain in the a**!! Causing me big delays.

I know other people are having this issue since I’ve posted this in the Vienna forum and others have posted they’re having the same problem.

I use VEP with 2 PC slaves & 1 master at my studio, but I have a duplicate system at home that I keep mirrored with scripts, dropbox, and google drive. I just finished staging up a full set of 3 PCs to windows 10, and every time I restage a VEP slave, I create a new, blank cubase project and add one VEP plugin at a time (+ decouple all after each one successfully connects). This can take 20-30 minutes, but after I get them all connected, I can then create a new project with my template, and it all hooks up correctly. Then I open an existing project, and it has always been cool for me. I went to this method because I used to wait forever for it to load as Garehead described. I have had to do this 3 times over the last 3 years. I have been reluctant to move Cubase past 8.0.10 due to some forum posts with issues that might affect my workflow.

Hopefully this helps or at least leads someone to come up with more troubleshooting ideas